your signature

This is a discussion on your signature within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i though this to be a 'time' to ask everyone what their signature meant to them and what they wanted them to mean to others. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: your signature

your signature

i though this to be a 'time' to ask everyone what their signature meant to them and what they wanted them to mean to others. this came to me when i realized that i read almost every one's signature as well as their post. mine aren't insightful, just laid back, and since I'm not a history buff but i do like the fine quotes (not a joke), I'd like not only to hear what your signatures mean to you but what you want them to mean to others.
    What's this button do?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Mine is from a Jimmy Buffett song. I'm a HUGE Parrothead, hence the handle "Souawker" and the parrot icon.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    The first part was something a cashier at Wal-Mart said to me when she happened to overhear a friend and myself talking about karma while I was buying 200rds or so of WWB.

The Gunsite Blog is something I did for the community and Gunsite itself. I wanted to share my experiences, day by day - no BS. For the cost of it, we all deserve to know exactly what we are getting into. Well, it's there for everyone to read. The vast majority of the comments express thanks and appluase for my writing ability.

The thanks alone has made writing the whole thing worth it. Gunsite is an excellent school and they deserve all the credit they get. Every bit. As well, I enjoy answering questions about it when I get them. But like it says - I won't give away any of their trade secrets.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Just he cold hard truth about our legal system here. This was the "feeling" I had, but when I saw this quote, It put into words what I could not explain. There is a word for when that happens, but I can't remember what it is.

I do enjoy a lot of the funny sigs too.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Moderator
    Mine is a bumper sticker I saw in Arkansas.

I liked it so much that I use it here.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    To express the dichotomy of views inherent in our society.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    This is my philosophy when first waking up. Certainly before strapping on the irons. And all day long. It's the least I can do, for everyone else around me. It's the most I can do, for myself. It is crystal clear recognition that the fight isn't about weapons ... it's about preparedness, tactics and threat management. It's a reminder to keep my head at all times.

Reports: CZ P01, Kahr PM9, KelTec P3AT.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense; Precautions.
    Giving a little back.

Take responsibility for yourself.
    A comment that I vary, from time to time, depending on the mood. When O.J. Simpson was trying to drop his pants on primetime television a couple months back, this read: "O.J. recipe: punt, pass, kick, repeat." On some other boards, for a time, I had: "N.O.P.D.: crime at the highest levels." Depends on the mood. I'm strongly considering a change in the next few weeks, to: "AWB: Your gov't protecting and defending the Constitution."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    My old sig was "You must obey he Dance Commander" which is a line from the Electric Six song "Dance Commander", just something I thought was fun.

My current sig is from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, which is said just prior to the girl whooping the snot out of several fighters and destroying a resturaunt.

My sig on another forum is "This is a ten level task", which means "I shouldn't have to tell you, everyone should already know this". Ten level refers to operator level maintenance on Army equipment.

I sign my e-mails with a military quote:
    "When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk." --GEN Bruce Clarke
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Administrator
    Mine is quite obvious, sometimes we forget about what our elders have learned and experienced. Their knowledge is often overshadowed by all the new stuff be it hardware, tactics or whatever spin you want to put on it.
    Specifically, as it applies to my trade, the young guy fresh out of school knows all the rules and laws, but you got to go to the old man to learn how to apply them effectively and get the job done.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    Mine are mainly ''thought provokers'' I guess - if not perhaps also statements of the obvious!

The last one was actually courtesy of Gary Brommeland but I had not enough spare characters left to ascribe it to him.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Mine is a Latin phrase that, at least to me, means walk softly and carry a big stick.

I am no LEO wanna be or Rambo (heck, sometimes I am happy when I make it out of bed in the morning), but I have gladly accepted my role as an old sheepdog. Many, many people could do it better but they might not be around when the SHTF.

I believe that the good citizens of our country need to "take back the night".

The bad guys should fear the good guys, not the other way around. I don’t swagger around trying to look like a tough guy (gently in manner) but I won’t hesitate to help stop the bad guys if necessary (resolutely in action).

As Patton said in the movie, “now you sons of b******, you know where I stand”.

Stay safe out there.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

VIP Member
    I like strange quotes and I despise stupidity, hence my double quotes from Albert Einstein. I have also at times used, "Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever." I may have used, "One should not engage in a war of wits without any ammunition." For me those are reminders to think and not do stupid things. They also remind me that there is a ton of stupidity out there.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I love the movie Tombstone. While Doc Holliday was not a model citizen in the movie or in real life I think that he is pretty cool. Plus his gun handling skills may have the best in the old west. He was born really close to where I grew up so he is somewhat of a local legend around here. I just took some of my favorite lines from the film and put them in my signature.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I generally use two quotes. The first one is my fundamental view on life and almost never changes. The second one is just for my own amusement and changes with my mood.

[EDIT] At work I use more neutral sigs...

-Paul
    Last edited by PaulBk; February 20th, 2007 at 07:17 PM.
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

Mine is just a quote from Col. Cooper that I found in something I was reading about him. I am a big time history buff, about to get my college degree, and it bothers me when people try to bend history to fit their needs. I have to deal with people doing this almost daily in class lectures and discussions, not much to do with CC really, just something I like.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links