Gun Therapy

Gun Therapy

This is a discussion on Gun Therapy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Day off today and as usual, I had the never-ending list of things to do around the house including finishing the rebuilt of the back ...

Thread: Gun Therapy

VIP Member

Gun Therapy

Day off today and as usual, I had the never-ending list of things to do around the house including finishing the rebuilt of the back porch deck damaged by bad construction from the previous owner and the influences of Katrina and Wilma. I guess I forgot the old carpenter's adage of measure twice and cut once because I found myself unable to finish the darn last part of the deck due to a serious grade miscalculation. That set my mood into the nasty zone so I droped everything and head for my sanctuary AKA my room (or as my wife calls it, "Just drop that crap in there and close the door."
    There I remembered that I installed a new red dot in my AK and my shotgun had a new front sight plus a B-Square mount and the old AK optics. None were zeroed yet. Time to go to the range!

When I try to case my shotgun, I discover that it won't fit with the red dot in it. I don't feel like going to a gun store at that moment and, since the B-Square mount comes with clearance to see your iron sights, I take the red dot off and decide just to check the front sight. I also discover that I am down to the last five 12 gauge slugs and cuss at myself for not checking before. I finally gran everything, dump it in the truck and head for the range.

After a wait, I got my space on the range and proceed with zeroing the AK.... high and to the left..... click click click.... elevation is just about right....click click click....windage is just perfect! Since the range does not allow for rapid firing, I decided to practice measured shots from the low-ready position with both eyes open (as it should be with a red dot, but damn it is hard when you are used to do it the other way) as fast as I could without violating range rules. Couple of mags later I feel good about the drill and put the AK down....time for the shotgun.

Laod the slugs, aim... bang.. whoa! on target! Agian... same result! And again.... ditto! Move to double ought.... yeassssssssss nice chest remover group at 15 yards! (Note: aqusition of target with the B-Square mount is not easy but very doable. At the end I wasn't even aware the mount was there.)

I go for the handgun and.. I sucked! I was all over the place... but I blame it on the sun hittimg my eyes (OK, a bit of bull ) I need more practice but it is 5 pm and time to go. As I pack, I see one of the RSO coming towards me and I recognize him as one of my fellow IDPA/Tac Rifle buddies. We chat for a while, comment on the latest acquisitions and then I leave.

On the way home I realize that my dark mood was gone. I was relaxed and even the idiots cutting me off in I-75 did not bother me. I call the wife and told he I am on my way home from the range. She asks me how do I feel and I tell her that I am great. She says: I like when you go to the range, it relaxes you better than any drug." And she is right, Gun therapy is fantastic.

I ask her if I can do this therapy everyday, she responds:"Dear, just like a shrink, we can't afford a session every frigging day."

Oh well, I tried.... and I am still relaxed
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Ahhhhhhh Yessssss...

The gun range...no ...although there can be some idiots (I stay away from those ranges...).

Nothing better than a relaxing day at the range...

Always just going for an hour or two and stay for five...

My wife encourages me to go...sometimes she tags along too!

Your description is an excellent one...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - great ''report'' Miggy LOL!

Now - remember - ''measure twice - cut once'' - when you get back to the porch As if I need remind you!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Haha - great ''report'' Miggy LOL!

Now - remember - ''measure twice - cut once'' - when you get back to the porch As if I need remind you!
    According to the wife, I do.... and often!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I go for the handgun and.. I sucked! I was all over the place... but I blame it on the sun hittimg my eyes (OK, a bit of bull )
    Just say it was because you were hunting coyotes all day in a 60mph wind. That's my new excuse for everything.

me
    I have found the range to be very relaxing, it gives us the opportunity to do something we enjoy, be a part of nature and possibly with like minded people playing with our "toys". People dont understand the range as relaxing thing unless they have done it.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Links