ROAD TRIP Let's hear about yourn......

ROAD TRIP Let's hear about yourn......

This is a discussion on ROAD TRIP Let's hear about yourn...... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I barely been HOME 2 hours here at NoName Central ( 2:30PM I got home.) Was down to my Sister's place for 4 days and ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By Recon1342
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: ROAD TRIP Let's hear about yourn......

Cool ROAD TRIP Let's hear about yourn......

I barely been HOME 2 hours here at NoName Central ( 2:30PM I got home.) Was down to my Sister's place for 4 days and 3 nights. A regular mini vacation. Drove ALL OVER while I was down there. Had me a Mighty Fine Time including the driving around Queen Anne semi lost. Starting out went to Beth's Cafe (a Seattle Landmark for 60 years.) Had me a 6 egg omelet with BACON sausage tamaters and Swiss hash browns some AMISH sweet bread (tasted like carrot cake) and some great whole wheat bread. Could not quite eat all of it. Naturally I took home a doggy plate. Got some Stinger 22 for 14 cents PER round with tax. Cheaper than I can find it it here in my county. I hit Ed's Surplus, a staple north of Seattle for at least 60 years and met/spoke with a father/son prepper combo from up Alaska way. Spoke highly of Mountain House foods to them and if they took half of what I said serious they should fine some good discounts on volume buying.

Also went to Hobby Lobby. Dang near didn't get out of there w/o getting my grand nephew a (rhymes with) ditchin 1930s-40s 1T Flatbed Truck

OK my PC is crapping out on me so it's time 4 me to take a powder...

OK boat rips don't count. Gotta be in your TRCK or motorcycle...
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    I'll be headin out Nebraska way in June. Taking the Kids out to great grandma's farm, visiting family I ain't seen for the most part of a decade, hunting some prairie dogs with my uncle, and bringing home a motorcycle. I can't wait!
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Death twitches my ear; "Live" he says, "I am coming".

Sounds goot Recon Man. I am pretty well toasted.

Two hours or less I'll be unconscious.
    Recon1342 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

1985 or there abouts, I as at my dad's place in St. Paul, MN. and left for home (Virginia) at 0700 Hrs. on my motorcycle. (Gold Wing 1100)

I figured to get to Chicago and lay over for the night. Since I got there about noon, I thought better of it and continued my journey.

In the evening, I started looking for a motel. Found none with a "Vacancy Sign" on so I kept on going.

I was in West Virginia before I knew it and still feeling good, so on I rode. When I came to the Route 50 cut-off, I (unfortunately) took it towards my final destination. Rt. 50 is a mountainous road with many sloooow trucks driving it. And FOG. As I was riding behind one slow moving 18 wheeler, I went to pass and he yelled (through the CB) that there was traffic coming. I swung back in behind him. He kept me entertained and enlightened as to oncoming vehicles for miles and miles. All I could see in the fog was his tail lights. I finally left him somewhere near Winchester, Va. I was extremely tired, but it was only another hour or so to home, so I pressed on.

Pulled into my garage at 0530 Hrs. 1250 miles in 22.5 hours! That's an Average of 55.5 mph.

THAT's my "Road trip".

I didn't unload or even LOOK at the motorcycle for a week.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links