Well, I went to the Gun Show on Saturday

This is a discussion on Well, I went to the Gun Show on Saturday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I sold my Kimber Eclipse and the Springfield XD-40. Took a bit of a beating on each of them but I wanted to get them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I went to the Gun Show on Saturday

DC Founder

I sold my Kimber Eclipse and the Springfield XD-40. Took a bit of a beating on each of them but I wanted to get them sold. I came back with my Winchester 30-30 which I REALLY wanted to sell so I wouldn't have to carry it around a gun show again, but such was not the case. At least my 1911 fund gained a few bucks, although I guess I am gonna be pinching pennies until I get the fund up to where it needs to be.

On a side note, anyone else in the country been seeing more people at the gun shows lately? It wasn't the biggest show I have been to, but I think the turnout was the largest I have ever seen....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I'd wager it's the time of year - tax returns are coming back so there's more people out to spend $$$.

Gun show attendance here has been declining a bit from what I can tell, but it's because the vendors suck and the local shops are decent.

I have noticed the shows have been busyier round here since the ban ended

Red face

I went to the show at Dallas Market Hall cause I was told it was biggest in this area. It was more crowded than others I've been to. Typically, there is at least one show in this area each month. There were a lot of AR-15 weapons, more than I've seen at other shows. After stolling down each aisle with my head cranked down toward the tables, it got sore so I just moseyd around looking at the different folks attending. It is really good to see family types at these shows....mom, pop, and teens and rugrats. I especially like seeing women....er...handling the guns and doing their "shopping". Of course, there was a sampling of "probable" gangbangers there too....can't avoid those.

Lead Moderator
    The local gun show just isn't that good ever. But I live in a small town. If I go downstate its much better for selection and turn out.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Next weekend is one of our two semi-annual better shows. A group of us are getting together beforehand - should be fun. Hopefully there'll be some good product.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    I went to the show at Dallas Market Hall cause I was told it was biggest in this area. It was more crowded than others I've been to. Typically, there is at least one show in this area each month. There were a lot of AR-15 weapons, more than I've seen at other shows. After stolling down each aisle with my head cranked down toward the tables, it got sore so I just moseyd around looking at the different folks attending. It is really good to see family types at these shows....mom, pop, and teens and rugrats. I especially like seeing women....er...handling the guns and doing their "shopping". Of course, there was a sampling of "probable" gangbangers there too....can't avoid those.
    Have you been to the Mesquite show? It's usually pretty good. I think it is often bigger than Market Hall.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Well we used to have a gun show, I believe it was something like Gun Shows of the West or something like that. It was at the fair grounds for 20 years or more. I liked it because the people I bought bullets from would bring a truckload in and you buy what you want, no shipping charges. You get to meet people and see things like the Nazi booth set up maybe 30 feet away from the sheriffs booth. No body cared, the county made tax dollars. Then came along anti-gun and safety. It was decided by the county that they no longer wanted gun shows on public property even though the Show owner had a long lease. This is California folks.
    Last edited by FortyFive; February 28th, 2005 at 04:56 PM.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

JT
    Was that The Great Western Show? If so, they moved to Texas because of the problems in California. I haven't been to one yet, but I'm going to try to go this year. The first time it was at Fair Park, but it looks like this time it is going to be a much smaller venue (Ft Worth Convention Center)

http://www.greatwesternshow.com/
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

You may be right JT, its always been a large event with lots of people. Trying to understand why a County and the state are trying to take things away from people they enjoy and brings in tax dollars is a mystery to me. They got to be the most mean spirited people I have seen in action.
    The DOJ would hold a news conference on TV and show how these gun shows were selling rocket launchers, they were aluminium tubes that didn't seem to fit any application.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Red face

Great Western Gun Show.....Marked my calendar, 30 April !
    I'll be there.

JT
    Is it a very far drive for you, Prospector? I'm not sure were Wolfe City is located.

I sorta know where it is. It's not in the panhandle but it's towards the north. I think he's somewhere near Commerce.

I love gun shows but generally I only go when it's convenient. The ones around here are 70% handguns. That's either good or bad depending on what you are shopping for. They're basically pitched to the CCW market.

In my hometown of San Angelo they have a respectable gun show every so often.

Gun shows are good if you know what you want but aren't just dead set on a certain brand or finish, etc. You can look around and find a deal sometimes. My 642 was $310 brand new out the door.
    Last edited by Euclidean; February 28th, 2005 at 11:35 PM.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Is it a very far drive for you, Prospector? I'm not sure were Wolfe City is located.
    North of Greenville a little ways....
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    I believe it was something like Gun Shows of the West or something like that.
    You also may have had the "Crossroads of the West" Gunshow that we have here. I noticed that they also have them in Las Vegas. They call it "the big one". They do great shows here....
    Bumper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links