You never know who the "BG" will be

This is a discussion on You never know who the "BG" will be within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255423,00.html ACWORTH, Ga. — Two females who police said might be as young as 16 were clad in sunglasses as they handed a bank teller ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You never know who the "BG" will be

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255423,00.html

ACWORTH, Ga. — Two females who police said might be as young as 16 were clad in sunglasses as they handed a bank teller a note demanding cash, smiled as they waited and walked out with an undisclosed amount of money Tuesday, police said.

"This is something totally new to us," Cobb County police spokesman officer Wayne Delk said of the robbery at a Bank of America branch inside a grocery store.

The girls approached the teller inside the Kroger store shortly after noon, and witnesses were unable to tell investigators whether they left in a car.

Their only disguise was the sunglasses, and they were clearly pictured in surveillance camera shots.

"The pictures are too good. Someone's got to know them," Delk said.
    A couple of possibly teenage girls are now robbing banks down in Georgia. They haven't been caught yet, but they don't seem to be very smart about it, so they probably won't be loose too long, but ya never know. From that picute they only look like every other female on campus who wears those ugly sunglasses.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    They've been dubbed the 'Hottie Bandits'....................
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

A wee bit off, but I've always wondered this. If you go into a bank normally and politely ask the teller to give you money, with no threat made or anything, and she does, would that be considered robbing a bank? She just gave you free money. She could have asked for my account number or something like that. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    A wee bit off, but I've always wondered this. If you go into a bank normally and politely ask the teller to give you money, with no threat made or anything, and she does, would that be considered robbing a bank? She just gave you free money. She could have asked for my account number or something like that. ?
    "Hello" "How are you?". "Please give me $30,000"
    "Thanks, have a nice day"

Assistant Administrator
    No knowing what will be tried and how.!!

How long before there is a ''copy-cat'' attempt I wonder.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Just curious how much of a wuss you have to be to not tell them to pack sand...or ask where their parents are. I for one would have sent them to their room! Getting robbed is one thing, but when Hillary Duff wanna be's stick you up with no weapon, society has lost all sense of what is right.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I read a story about this today and it had a security camera picture from the back hold up. They did seem awfully relaxed in the photo.

I'm sure they will be caught soon but will they resort to any kind of violence in the mean time? I remember reading that girls are less likely to commit robberies but the statistically small percentage who do are more likely that males to be violent in committing the robbery. Strange huh?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sig, really that isn't all that strange, because males can get away with simple intimidation a lot easier than a female can (usually, there are exceptions). So the female has to back up her words in order to get whatever she is taking, where the threat of violence for a male is enough for most (generalizations here of course)

This robbery in my mind falls into the same category as most shopliftings (although bank robbery and stealing a shirt are rather far apart). A large number of shoplifters are actually rather well off, and it is not uncommon for them to be caught with enough money to pay for the item. They do it for the "thrill" or to get attention or some other stupid excuse (Winona Ryder is a good example). My initial reaction when seeing this story is the two young females are probably rather well off (by the looks of them and their clothes, those ugly sunglasses aren't cheap.) and doing it because they are rebelling against their parents or looking for a thrill or some other reasoning along those lines. Once again, that is just my opinion based on the story and picutre, maybe they actually are sociopaths on the road to becoming violent criminals, but I highly doubt it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Lead Moderator
    Can't see the size of their purses( they might be shoplifters). i wonder what they said to the teller?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I wonder what they said to the teller?
    So, we're like gonna totally like rob you and stuff (giggles).
    Oh my God, like totally hurry up.
    Yeah, we totally have a like gun and stuff. (giggles).

I Didn't See The News Report...

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    So, we're like gonna totally like rob you and stuff (giggles).
    Oh my God, like totally hurry up.
    Yeah, we totally have a like gun and stuff. (giggles).
    Were they blond?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Were they blond?

ret
    looks like one of them was.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255718,00.html

4 people arrested in the whole deal, doesn't give much more info about it than that though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    They've been dubbed the 'Hottie Bandits'....................
    AKA THE BARBIE BANDITS. This happened about 20 miles from my house in a neighboring county! So now I have to not only worry about gang members, criminals, illegals, and meth heads but cheerleaders too?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; March 2nd, 2007 at 12:37 AM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874 View Post
    Just curious how much of a wuss you have to be to not tell them to ...
    Big leap for so few details. Can't imagine that it was a simple request of "please give us money" and no threats at all. No telling what was in that note, or what was said to the teller. "How much of a wuss?" Not much, with threat of a weapon and no method of self-defense at hand. This bank must be one without those newfangled crook-be-caged doors, where the escaping BG's get locked in the box on the way out.

They've got to be a few cans short of a six-pack to believe they can get away with this. They'll get caught. They might well be armed and go down in a hail of bullets when the law finally catches up. They might well be wanting something like that, senseless as some young pups seem to be these days.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links