Wally World Yes and No - Page 2

Wally World Yes and No

This is a discussion on Wally World Yes and No within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wal*Mart isn't cheaper though. I look through the ads in the Sunday paper and on an item that everyone else has for example at $11.99, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wal*Mart isn't cheaper though. I look through the ads in the Sunday paper and on an item that everyone else has for example at $11.99, Wal*Mart has for $11.88. So I save 11 cents if I go to the store where they only have two cashiers and refuse to open another checkout even though 30 people with one or two full carts each are waiting in line, or I go to a real store and check out instantly.
    Plus 90% of Wal*Marts stock is Chinese plastic copies of the real thing. I'm sure they would sell 'Bod Lite' (Not actually a real beer but looks and tastes like one) if they could get a supplier to give it them for 20 cents less than Bud Lite.

They are shameless, I have even stopped going in there to check the ammo prices.

Wally World is a lot cheaper then most but it helps to keep the other chains in line. I still shop the other small chains and they don't seem to be hurting. I want to shop where you don't have to use a stupid card to get a price break and the stock isn't out of code.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I only got to WM when absolutely necessary. I hate it. I go for cheap ammo and refuse to buy any food products there.

I always go armed, but then again I go everywhere armed.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Wal-Mart is nothing but American Capitalism in all of her splendid glory!
    I'm there at least once a week. We have a young kid so the grocery prices are the best in town.
    Now, with that being said, once I start making a little more money we will probably go on up the road to a little more higher end grocery store, Publix.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I shop at Walmart because the prices are better (we save about $25/week on groceries over Kroger). Its just a bonus that they're anti-union and a shining example of the benefits of free market capitalism.

Plus I hate the idea of giving these people even a damned cent -> http://www.ufcw.org/
    Nothing but a front for the gun grabbing DNC.
    (also, we used to be prepared to end civilization in a war with people that think like these people).

Do your home work all most all clothing is made out of the usa ..........also the clothes are a smaller thread diameter[which means wear out faster]So you DO NOT save a dammed dime in the long run as you will have to replace it quicker.Bed linen/under clothes are a real eye opener. Yes groceries may be little cheaper,but not worth standing in line for.
    Up here in eastern Oregon the name needs to be changed to "MEXI MART" All promotions come over the PA in Spanish and Sundays the ratio is 90/10. Why support illegals. Rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by Beees View Post
    Do your home work all most all clothing is made out of the usa ..........also the clothes are a smaller thread diameter[which means wear out faster]So you DO NOT save a dammed dime in the long run as you will have to replace it quicker.Bed linen/under clothes are a real eye opener. Yes groceries may be little cheaper,but not worth standing in line for.
    Up here in eastern Oregon the name needs to be changed to "MEXI MART" All promotions come over the PA in Spanish and Sundays the ratio is 90/10. Why support illegals. Rest my case
    He's right. Most clothes that are sold in the US are made overseas. Yesterday I bought 2 shirts at WalMart that were made in Pakistan. They were $11 each. The store was somewhat crowded (with United States Citizens, as always) In Ohio our government wouldn't allow a store to be overrun by illegal aliens. If, as you say, "the ratio is 90/10", that's why they speak spanish in your neck of the woods. It isn't WalMart's fault.
    The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

what's the matter Zundfolge ? no takers ? "always with the negative vibes" lol

elance

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elance View Post
    what's the matter Zundfolge ? no takers ? "always with the negative vibes" lol
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Wal-Mart is nothing but American Capitalism in all of her splendid glory!
    Agreed! You've got to admire their business model. Organized and efficient.

I'm personally sick of people saying that everything they sell is a cheap knock-off product. It simply is not true. Almost everything that you buy in a WM is the same name brand that you will pay 10-20% more for down the road. I do tend to steer away from the clothes and furniture though.

Walmart doesn't necessarily destroy the middle class...it helps KEEP me there!

OMO

Since the advent of the "Super" Walmart I've tried to stay away. Walking with a cane, it's more than inconvenient getting bumped into and/or cut off by someone who isn't paying attention to where they're walking. There's one Wallyworld I'll go to for Levi's but it's way out of the way and not usually as crowded.

I try to shop at locally owned businesses whenever possible but online shopping is less tiring because there's no navigating through crowds or long walks through stores.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by tj1231 View Post
    Almost everything that you buy in a WM is the same name brand that you will pay 10-20% more for down the road. I do tend to steer away from the clothes and furniture though.
    Well, the name brand is the same... But the material / quality isn't. Levis has a special model for Wal MArt made with thinner denim and cheaper bar tacks / etc.

Wal Mart wanted Snapper to sell mowers in their stores. When Snapper couldn't meet the price point they were asked: "Do you make it in China yet?" and given the opportunity to make a decontented version of their product especially for Wal Mart. Sure, you can decontent some things that are frivolous (who needs two cup holders on a riding mower?) but eventually you're just making it CHEAP!.

Snapper, shocking the wal Mart execs, was actually there to decline any offers ;-)
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    WW, Yes. Being a Federalist it is incumbent on other businesses to compete, It's not WW's fault if other businesses can't.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I only avoid clothes at wal-mart. I dont see any problem with an American company expanding to become a giant. If wal-mart is so bad, just look at how many jobs they provide. About 3 or 4 years ago there was a super wal-mart put in that is attached to our mall here. Before the WM, the mall was kind of a ghost town- soon as WM opened it started booming, and is still doing such.

(who needs two cup holders on a riding mower?)
    ... who doesnt?!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links