Grandma's Letter

This is a discussion on Grandma's Letter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Grandma's letter She is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car. She writes: Dear Grand-daughter: The other day I went up to our ...

Thread: Grandma's Letter

Grandma's Letter

Grandma's letter She is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car. She writes:

Dear Grand-daughter: The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a Honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker. I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting. So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper. Boy, am I glad I did, what an uplifting experience that followed. I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn't notice that the light had changed. It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed. I found that lots of people love Jesus! While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, For the love of God! Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO! What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus! Everyone started honking! I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love! There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach. I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. I asked my young teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant. He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something. Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign right back. My grandson burst out laughing. Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!! A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed. So, I waved at all my brothers and sisters grinning, and drove on through the intersection. I noticed that I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared. So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away. Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!! Will write again soon, Love, Grandma
    The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Remove Ads

wow... I think something like that happened to me once LOL. At some point people should get retested for driving. But then looking at most other drivers most are just about as bad.

My Town Must Really Be Blessed...

plenty of people are quick to honk...and I don't even have the bumper sticker...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like this one.

Assistant Administrator
    Not sure why but this makes me think of a letter from Mother to son in jail IIRC ... which starts ...........

"Dear Son, I am writing this very slowly because I remember you can't read very fast ............... "
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Now that's good. I like that one.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Dear college son,

I was going to send you $20 but I already sealed the envelope.

Mom
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Dear college son,

Mom
    haha opps...

me
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Dear college son,

Mom
    Thankfully my mama doesn't know that trick
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Links