Dog is Sick again any help?

This is a discussion on Dog is Sick again any help? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thought i had this whipped but the blood in the feces and trots are back Off to the vet again another 180$ and they tell ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog is Sick again any help?

Dog is Sick again any help?

Thought i had this whipped
    but the blood in the feces and trots are back

Off to the vet again another 180$ and they tell me its his food again

ya know 8 frigging times it cant be the food yes i have changed his food that much nothing i haven't giving him is the same as before

Right now he is on Duck and potato and Horsemeat to help hold the wight

he has been dewormed again treated for parasites a few time the vet says they can basically find nothign wrong with him other than

wait for it

he' sick

I took today off because he kept me up all night i know he don't feel well and after no sleep nor did i

Today he was pretty wound up and i thought we were on the flip side again then he came and sat on me started shaking and drooling like he was gonna vomit back out side we went for another bout

Try feeding a dog pepto i have prescription stuff for the trots and gave it to him yet again its almost to the point where I'm gonna have to take him to the damn vet again

Think i might have my dad come get him and take him to his vet just about a hour away

None of us have had this with any dog and we have always had this breed

He is holding weight at 60# for now

The vet says Naw to irritable bowel Syndrome

So any dog lovers got any ideals I'm out of them there no more different food i can really buy him that doesn't have one ingredient or another that is supposedly making him sick

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Bud,
    Is he eating anything other than his food, chewing wood, bones, digging and eating grubs, insects etc...

Blood in the stool is usually a parasite, food allergy/reaction or foregin object in digestive tract.

A different Vet might be the best.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    at the risk of sounding stupid : your pup is worrying too much , and as such has an ulcer, more toys , I take it on faith that you cannot spend more time with your 4 legged child . IMHO tho its either that now , or the pup ate something no animal should , such as insulation .
    Last edited by Bud White; March 6th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Nope

All stuff we have checked i gave him a bone now not a real bone for him to chew he cant even leave scratches in

The neighbors think im nuts i got out with him or the wife does everytime he goes out and we stay on top of him to keep him from anything

Other than the occasional french fry he will snag i don't feed him any human food

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    at the risk of sounding stupid : your pup is worrying too much , and as such has an ulcer, more toys , . I take it on faith that you cannot spend more time with your 4 legged child . IMHO tho its either that now , or the pup ate something no animal should , such as insulation .
    Ya know i wondered about that as he does not like it when i leave espically

i wonder if i could try to cure him like you would a normal ulcer

Now would a ulcer be ok for a few weeks even a month and act up ? i've never had one so i don't know

I never thought of that good ideal RR
    Last edited by Bud White; March 6th, 2007 at 05:30 PM.

Senior Moderator
    Bud,

RR advice sounds good. Check with the Vet and see is Bi-carbonate or other tummy meds are ok for dogs. At leasit won't hurt to rule out a worry ulcer
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Bud the ulcer will act up when the pup feels anxious be it a month or even longer . The thing is a " need " for the pup is not satisfied and if you do that thro behavure , or chemicaly you have to do it . I dont have the answers , but am familiar with lots of critters and how they behave lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

well as i said he gets wound up everytime i leave be it for work etc and some what when the old lady does

this is a everyday occurrence other than that he isn't to bad

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Are there any new cats in your area, dogs love to eat cat crap, they think it's candy or something, and there is a bacteria they pick up from it that upsets their stomach.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

My wife (a vet tech) had someone bring in a dog that was suffering from salmonella poisoning. It's not something they typically test for, because most dogs aren't bothered by it. Took quite a while to diagnose properly. Similar sounding symptoms...

Good luck with your dog!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Lead Moderator
    Sorry, no advice. Hope he gets better soon though.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Always tough since our 4 legged friends can't talk. Hope he gets better soon.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Have your vet check for a pancreatic enzyme defficiancy. It sounds like what we went through with our pup about 2 years ago. Now on daily meds. and other than the $100/month in meds, is doing great. By the way. our vet refers to our dog as a chow something. You can tell the chow part, loves us and our families and friends, not real friendly to unkowns and for some reason the UPS guy. Good Luck!

I believe we have had him checked for the pancreatic problems

The good bacteria in your dog’s digestive system could have been killed off when the dog was dewormed and treated for parasites. Some cottage cheese or yogurt mixed with cooked rice would help build up the good bacteria in the dogs bowels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links