"Montana Meth" This is WAR!

This is a discussion on "Montana Meth" This is WAR! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 0.02 I think the control of Pseudophedrine in pharmacies (signing for it) is nationwide now. You are correct. July 2006 it became ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Montana Meth" This is WAR!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I think the control of Pseudophedrine in pharmacies (signing for it) is nationwide now.
    You are correct. July 2006 it became nationwide.

So they control some of the precursors. People will steal them or the cookers will find something else. I mean this stuff is made with battery acid, anhi and cold medicine among other things. I'm sure since the restrictions went on the cold medicines, the cookers have already adapted the ingredient list. Or not, because it hasn't had an impact.

To me it is like getting a permit to acquire a handgun, having a gun of the month program et. al. It really only impacts the lawful users and has little to no impact on the illegal activity.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    As precursors are controlled - so then does cost of ingredients rise and more crime needed to secure them - somewhat counter-productive potentially in itself. Black markets always succeed somehow.

Add to that - the ''stuff'' that will come out now is likely to be more and more toxic and destructive concoction - all possibly adding to the dangerousness of folks under the influence regarding what they might attempt.

It is hard to see a (legitimate) solution.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It was the Meth Epidemic in N. Texas and Southern Oklahoma that was, in some part, the impetus for Nancy and I to get our CHL's. Extremely scary stuff, with scary effects on the users.

Lots of rural houses were cooking joints, etc.

That series of photos (.02) should be made a poster, and placed in all schools too.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    This stuff is a plague that is feasting on our youth, as well as middle aged Americans. It knows no socio-economic borders. Soccer Moms are getting hooked on the stuff! It is highly addictive, by some accounts I have heard, it is easier to get off of Heroin. It also leads to a ton of crimes from B & E's to murder.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Assistant Administrator
    What really puzzles me is - anyone contemplating trying this evil crap - should be aware that for every ''up'' it gives - you will come down again - and lower than when you started - so what's the big bonus, other than a journey to self-destruction.

Heck - I am a self-confessed nicotine addict and like my booze in the evenings but - those addictions tell me that if my weak will is as obvious as I know it is - where on earth is the percentage in trying any of the other ''offerings'' meth in particular.

It is most assuredly a total loser's game. I guess those who get hooked do not consider any long term aspects at all - or they just might see the idiocy in it all.

It is however the lab people who yank my chain most - as they are after selling crap for big bucks - and to hell with what it does. Once again greed wins the day
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

If you would like alot more information about the topic check out this link:
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/

If you want to see a simple image to give you an idea of how horrible this stuff is spreading across the US, take a look at this link:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/special/or...eth_spread.pdf
    Beretta 92FS

DC Founder
    I have four step kids. Because of some of the stuff they went through with their birth father, my wife tended to be soft on them. I was the "warden" that had to watch them, catch them and punish them when they did wrong. While I hated the roll I played at times, I was relentless even though it tended to alienate the kids from me when they were young. Three of the four, including one that was always butting heads with me and fighting me every step of the way, have, since the grew up, thanked me for being tough on them. The fourth actually moved out of our home before he had the opportunity to learn why I was strict on them. He is our only failing, but thank God he's not on drugs. Now his younger siblings have taken up the fight to straighten him out.

I always met any friend they were going to spend the night with and their parents, if something sounded fishy, they were kept home. I had deadbolts that locked from the inside and an alarm on the windows and doors. They didn't date until they were in high school. They weren't allowed to get tattoos, piercings, listen to rap music or hang out with anyone that did. They didn't do drugs, smoke, drink, or cuss (at least around me) and I always got reports of how polite they were from parents when they spent the night with friend.

You are correct that you are supposed to be a parent, not their friend, but if you are vigilant, when they grow up you will be their best friend. It's a good feeling. Keep up the fight......
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Legalize it. Make it freely available. Then the users won't have to hide and our kids will see the results first-hand. Those people in the pictures above will be walking around Walmart and everyone will be able to tell they are users.

Also, if you legalize it, there won't be any money in it anymore. The corollary crimes associated with Meth will stop - nothing to kill anybody over anymore.

This damn drug war only serves to make criminals rich and make criminals out of harmless people, filling up the jails and costing us billions of tax dollars.

Yes, it's important to keep your kids off drugs, but passing a law and trying to hide it from them isn't going to work.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I think the manufacture of meth should be a capital crime. That is about the only way I can think of to stop it.
    Like use is already.

Remember hunters, LEOs consider you on the frontlines in the meth war, because you are liable to stumble upon a lab while hunting.

Off topic, I'd like to add to the list of capital offenses: Drug dealing (dealing death), arson (firefighters have to go in and put their lives at risk).
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by sailormnop View Post
    Legalize it. Make it freely available. Then the users won't have to hide and our kids will see the results first-hand. Those people in the pictures above will be walking around Walmart and everyone will be able to tell they are users.

Also, if you legalize it, there won't be any money in it anymore. The corollary crimes associated with Meth will stop - nothing to kill anybody over anymore.

This damn drug war only serves to make criminals rich and make criminals out of harmless people, filling up the jails and costing us billions of tax dollars.

Yes, it's important to keep your kids off drugs, but passing a law and trying to hide it from them isn't going to work.
    Hey now, don't try to save us 80+ billion a year in a failed War. That's insane. I totally agree for anyone that didn't catch the sarcasm. Punish people for their crimes against other individuals, not for hurting theirselves.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Drugs aren't a victimless crime anymore.
    Sure, if they were just smoking a little bud and wandering around in the sunshine muttering that 'it's a beautiful day' then there isn't a basis for a war on drugs.
    In that scenario I'm as Libertarian as anyone.
    But this is Meth, these idiots are stealing on a grand scale, doing ID theft, and cooking 'bombs' in motel rooms with normal people next door.

They are zombies, zombies are not people.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Drugs aren't a victimless crime anymore.
    Sure, if they were just smoking a little bud and wandering around in the sunshine muttering that 'it's a beautiful day' then there isn't a basis for a war on drugs.
    In that scenario I'm as Libertarian as anyone.
    But this is Meth, these idiots are stealing on a grand scale, doing ID theft, and cooking 'bombs' in motel rooms with normal people next door.

They are zombies, zombies are not people.
    So, punish them for ID theft, making bombs in motel rooms, assault or whatever crimes they commit. It's not like it's ever going to go away by the "War on Drugs" anyway. We can already see what a collosal failure that endeavour is.
    Last edited by SammyIamToday; March 20th, 2007 at 11:34 AM.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar

A few years back...

I grew up in the small town of Bonham Texas, it was like most rural communities, city hall in the middle of town where old men gather in the evening hours to sitting around swapping stories, a 5 & 10 store next to the feed store, local VFW, 1st Baptist church, the American Theater (double features), and a Dairy Queen for local kids to hang out in. That has been replaced by iron bars on doors and windows, and a rise in robbery and murder. Meth labs have moved into the area and folk are fearful of new faces in town.
    We all have a right to our own opinion, but thinking that "legalizing" drugs will solve the problem are not clear thinking in my book. Honest folk still wouldn't get involved and the only groups setup to distribute and profit from legalization are the criminals manufacturing it today. Another line of reasoning says "at least we can tax it", do you want tax dollars coming from the destruction and misery of others. Lastly, raising our children strict God fearing or other-wise doesn't protect them from this menace. They can still become either a statistic of abuse or a victim of its abusers.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

At least in most states you can get a carry permit, I'm from what's considered the Heroin capital of BC, we also had coke dealers & pot dealers. Couple of girls I went to school with got hooked on Heroin, but they ended up alright. One guy I knew from school, his sister ended up on the pig farm in Port Coquitlam, the guy that did her in put her in a chipper shredder and fed her to the hogs.

Sadest story was a 13 or 14 year old girl hooked on crack ended up standing on the street corner wearing only a skirt pulled up around her waist like a belt, nothing else at all, stoned out of her mind, offering anything you wanted from her for $5 so she could get crack from the dealers that lived in the apartment on the corner behind her. Never found out what happened to her.

Used to get propositioned from a couple of girls at school too, they were offering hand jobs for a joint...

Senior Moderator
    Legalizing Meth and Crack will not work. people will still steal to get it. Girls (and boys) will sell their bodies to attain that euphoric feeling.

I use to think that legalizing drugs was the way to go, but that was when I was only exposed to pot heads. Those guys just got stoned ate alot and fell asleep. They were better than drunks and thought that everything they said was profound.

In my college years I began to see people affectted by crack and meth. There was a huge difference in the effect it had on the users. One you had to worry about raiding your fridge and the others would take everything you had and kill you if they had to.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links