"Montana Meth" This is WAR!

This is a discussion on "Montana Meth" This is WAR! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am currently watching a documentary on HBO2 called "Montana Meth". This is a documentary about Meth use in the state of Montana. It chronicles ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Montana Meth" This is WAR!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

I am currently watching a documentary on HBO2 called "Montana Meth".

This is a documentary about Meth use in the state of Montana. It chronicles the lives of Meth users young and old.

I have to say that this scares the beejesus out of me. It seems that the majority of users tried the stuff because they were bored or succumbed to peer pressure. Apparently one time is enough to get addicted.

"Montana Meth" showcases teens and how Meth has destroyed their lives. It is also points out the physical changes that accompany Meth's use. You see kids wasting away and adults having their teeth pulled because they have rotted out of their skull due to years of chronic Meth use.

I have three wonderful children. Two 12 year old girls and a two year old boy. I know that I can do things to make them safe while they are at home and in my charge. Have a fire plan, lock the doors and take security precautions. Carry a firearm and train myself to be a vigilant watch dog for the family. Watch out for the BG's. But what do you do when the BG is one of your children's peers? This is scary stuff.

I can only hope that I can equip my children with the necessary tools to be successful in the all out war on our youth. Not only do we have drugs to worry about, but there is also the sex. It is unrelenting and comes from every direction at once, including their friends and the media.

I talk with my children in a blunt manor when discussing such issues IE: "Unprotected as well as protected sex can kill you. There is no second chance and once is enough." I think it is best to be upfront and honest when discussing these issues. There is no place for sugarcoating here.

If you haven't seen this program I would highly recommend it. Especially if you have children. Make them watch it with you and discuss afterwards. It does reference sexual material and does have foul language, I would suggest that you view it first. I guarantee that my 2 12 year old daughters will be watching this.

We all talk about being prepared and not being sheep. I view a sheep as being unaware and unprepared. I do not want to raise sheep. I want to raise strong, confident, prepared children that are aware of themselves as well as their environment.

"Montana Meth" is one more tool to fight Meth use. Use it.

If you have this terrible addiction in your family... my sympathies are with you.

May we all stand strong, stand together and fight for our children.

The WAR is on.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I think the manufacture of meth should be a capital crime. That is about the only way I can think of to stop it.

I think this might be better suited to the Off Topic forum, although your sentiments are strong about protecting your family it isn't really an announcement.

That said, Meth is a plague, it is taking people from good homes and wrecking whole communities.
    Show your kids anything that will get them to understand that.

omg, those are some ugly people..

Quote Originally Posted by briansmech View Post
    omg, those are some ugly people..
    Yeah, they look really 'cool' don't they?
    'Drugs make you cool'
    Plus I'm willing to bet that every single one of them has stolen money from their own Mother.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Meth is going to make crack cocaine look like bubble gum before it is over . It used to be that meth was pretty much confined to biker gangs and their hangers on , as it took some pretty hardcore setups to make it ( via the old p2p method ) . With the new anhi method and some others anyone can cook anywhere with relitave safety ( as opposed to the old methods which likely as not would literally detonate if attempted by a non chemist). I dont care where you live , if you haven't been seeing " Tweakers " yet hang on a couple of years and you will . I garontee you know several folks who have a meth problem allready and if you do a bit of research to learn the signs they will start comeing out of the woodwork .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    Good post regarding what is a fast growing epidemic .... something we need to be aware of not only with kids but simply because the nut jobs (as they can become) are all around.

Their dependence is more than enough to promote about any crime, including violence, as they seek money to feed the habit. It is in fact a scourge now. In my county there have been some good busts but no sooner does one lab get shut down and another sets up.

There is in part some content here to suit Bob Ford's Place but overall I consider it better suited to off topic and have moved it. The message will still be heard and that is what matters.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I think the manufacture of meth should be a capital crime. That is about the only way I can think of to stop it.
    It wouldn't work. It would just drive the prices up and make an even more lucrative market. There's probably no way to ever remove things like this from society.

Not to mention the costs of trying to death row all of the manufacturers. Then again, that's more of a justice system problem.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Well I live in a Meth Capital (KCMO). Local radio here has an entire series on Tweakers. If I want real cold medicine I have to go to the pharmacy and sign their log. Supposedly they phone it in to a national registry that tracks how much you buy. They are also supposed to restrict quantities purchased at any one location. Sort of like gun control. I'm sure it's working well so far.

What's the average life expectancy of a tweaker anyway? Can't be all that great.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Thus far the only strategy that has had any impact on the new generation labs is to adopt the posture that OK did . Make the precursor chemicals ( ok went for the ephedrine ) a controlled substance . So to get many over the counter cold remedy's in OK now you must show id and sign a list . I have heard at times doing the same things with lithium batterys since that is the easy way to get another precursor that is needed. Anhydrous Ammonia in some areas and from some companys comes with an indelible pink stain in it . The stain ( even if washed and scubbed to invisibility ) will floress pink under uv ( a black light ) . Anhi is a wider used chemical than one would think since virtually every commercial refrigerator or freezer ( think walk/drive in size here ) uses it as the refrigerant . So almost all of the meat industry's from packing plants to fishing boats have it in supply . It is a common fertilizer for agra business and we buy it by the ton in easily transported 4 wheel trailers that are scattered across america in the spring normaly . The pink dye will actualy help us industrial users by quickly pointing out leaks in our applications , and should help LE quickly id abusers who would have no need to have it stain them . A link to the dye specs ( along with a fair pic of the trailers we buy anhi in ) is located at http://www.courier-journal.com/local...1227-6057.html

Point is , many states are trying many methods but all seem to realize that arresting folks wont make a dent in the issue , only control of the precursers fits the current state themes . As a side note unfortunatly you cannot fine or jail folks for being crappy parents , If you could have 40 years ago we wouldn't have this among other problems now ... When kids become " latchkey " kids then values go to hell . We have a couple of generations of adults now that come from the " me " mindset and imho this certinly contributes . Sorry for the kid rant , but i do belive that the points i raised on it are a part of our crime of all type problem not just meth , but it applys there too due to lack of family supervision in many cases .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

As far as our kids go the best thing you can do is constantly ask questions, where are you going, who are you with and I want to meet their parents. Understand that you will at times have to put your foot down and tell them no! IT will hurt and at times they will hate you but in the long run we are not their friends we are their parents and they will come to realize we did it because we love them. I did!

The other best thing you can do is to keep your kids out of government schools. It is nothing but a breeding ground for acceptance of this type of behavior. It is ruining our up and coming society. Indoctrination not education. It is 100% the parents job to see that their child grows up to become a productive part of society.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Here in SE MN we have a huge problem with it. I know a couple years ago, we were the on the top of the list for like the whole Midwest. But when sites got busted, they had to get the guys with the bubble suits to get all the stuff out of there. The house or wherever it was, would almost have to be distoyed (sometimes they would just lite them up). The stuff would soak into insulation, walls, floors, anything and everything. Really bad stuff.

I think the control of Pseudophedrine in pharmacies (signing for it) is nationwide now.

It's a start, but as we know with drugs they always get to the consumer. It is a perfect product because the consumer is addicted and the profit margin is huge.
    The situation has quickly changed to a lot of imported Mexican meth.

It's taking over in Europe now too, there was a piece recently in the British press about how dealers in London are adding it to cannabis to surreptitiously make people meth users.

My solution is to put them all on a boat and torpedo it, I'm not sure if that would suit everyone's agenda though. The way I see it is if there is a war on drugs then why aren't we at war? Put them on a boat, declare them illegally trespassing in our waters and sink them.

I'm only half joking.

It is 100% the parents job to see that their child grows up to become a productive part of society.
    I agree totaly with that statement Ruger , The rest of your post i somewhat agree with lol . On the School issue tho i have to respectfully disagree . Tho nowdays options are easyer , not everyone can realisticly homeschool , " parishschool " (or what eaver flavor of religon ) or what eaver , Online shools are expanding this ability , but none the less it requires a parent at home all day every day , and some cannot do this . Its not intent its economics . You imho can public school and raise fine children , just adopt a tactic close to the eddy eagle program on guns , Stop , Dont toutch it , Inform an Adult ( mom and or dad ) and discuss it . World proof your child , because you shure cannot child proof the world .

Pseudophedrine is still commonly avalable to ranchers via Vet medicine in bulk quanitys with virtualy no control . ( No i wont explain that statement , If you dont know you dont need to as to specifics ). Most of the folks who don't raise critters dont know this at this point , and that is just as well lol .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links