FBI - Notice About Extremists Trying to Sign Up to Be School Bus Drivers

This is a discussion on FBI - Notice About Extremists Trying to Sign Up to Be School Bus Drivers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=75 FBI Puts Local Officials on Notice About Extremists Trying to Sign Up to Be School Bus Drivers Friday , March 16, 2007 WASHINGTON ...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=75

FBI Puts Local Officials on Notice About Extremists Trying to Sign Up to Be School Bus Drivers
    Friday , March 16, 2007

WASHINGTON

The FBI has issued an "informational bulletin" to state and local officials saying to watch out for people tied to extremist groups trying to earn licenses to drive school buses.

The Associated Press reports that members of the unnamed extremist groups have succeeded in gaining the drivers licenses, but a Department of Homeland Security official told FOX News that "at this time there is no evidence that any of these individuals have got these jobs, or got hold of school buses."

"There is no plot. There is no threat. And parents and children can feel perfectly safe," FBI spokesman Richard Kolko told FOXNews.com.

The Department of Homeland Security official said the bulletin was sent to state and local law enforcement officials, and "some school districts have reported an increased number of foreign nationals seeking school bus driver positions and a number of other unusual events."

The official said that, out of an abundance of caution, FBI shared the information.

An unnamed counterterrorism official told The Associated Press that the bulletin sent Friday to state and local law enforcement agencies did not say how often foreign extremists attempted to get licenses or drive school buses, and did not specify where this might have happened.

The bulletin noted "recent suspicious activity" by foreigners who either drive school buses or are licensed to drive them, the official told The Associated Press.

Foreigners under recent investigation include "some with ties to extremist groups" who have been able to "purchase buses and acquire licenses," the bulletin says.

But the Homeland Security Department and the FBI "have no information indicating these individuals are involved in a terrorist plot against the homeland," it says. The memo also notes: "Most attempts by foreign nationals in the United States to acquire school bus licenses to drive them are legitimate."

It was not immediately clear whether the extremists intended to do with the school buses. One counterterror official, who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said it was likely that the foreigners investigated were merely employed as bus drivers, and did not intend to use them as part of any terror plot.

"I hate to characterize this as a warning," Kolko said, calling it an "informational bulletin." He said this was part of routine information sent to local law enforcement agencies that they should use only as background information while doing their normal duties.

"This is just an awareness issue for local law enforcement. ... It just makes them smarter," he said.

Kolko said that if he knew which extremist groups were involved in the report, he would not identify them.

FOX News' Catherine Herridge and Greg Simmons contributed to this report.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Administrator

Question

Ah Duh? Let me ponder on that for awhile.
    Gee...I wonder what terrorist extremists could want with school buses filled with little American children?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Kids are the most bang for the buck a terr could get .. that being said it wont happen in my area, and most of yours .. we may see kids used as hostages or sacrifices ( hey honestly kids are bang for the buck when it comes to planning ect... ) but we wont see a surge of school bus drivers who support radical islam . Radical islam supports young men... who take action before they can be corrupted ( its hard to hold out for 72 virgins if you have seen birtnys no no place ) Suicide bombers are made not born , and fiew who see america for months consider the glory of allah .

Just my opinon , and feel free to argue , especialy if you follow the prophet , explain where i am wrong .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    If you want to see extremists driving school buses, just come on down here...seriously. I don't know where we find 'em, but if you see one you'd better be driving defensively.

Nice to warn us but this article screams of scare tactics. Like you will know an extremist when you see one. Please be so kind to describe one to me. Is the person, a man, woman, black, brown, white, yellow. Are they Christian, islam, Jewish, Hindi, Bahai, Buddist. There is no way anyone here can point to a person and say with definate clarity that they are an extremist, unless that person has already been noted to do an extremist act.

People from a lot of Minorities take School Bus driving jobs or apply for them because it is an unskilled type job. Just belonging to a Minority doesn't mean you are also an extremist.

This Could Be Very Dangerous...

for the terrorists...get on some of our school buses and you may just take your life in your hands...sex, beatings, theft...and that could be a good day. Go ahead, Mr. Mahood Mon Rockmod-Hussien...get on a bus...

DISCLAIMER: I do not wish for anything to happen to any school buses or our students...
    As for the terrorists...open game!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When I retired from the Air Force, I became a school bus driver in California while I went back to college. They did back ground checks State and Federal two sets of finger prints. Couldn't even have a ticket on your record or you were denyed.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

... a Department of Homeland Security official told FOX News that "at this time there is no evidence that any of these individuals have got these jobs, or got hold of school buses."
    "There is no plot. There is no threat. And parents and children can feel perfectly safe," FBI spokesman Richard Kolko told FOXNews.com.
    One would think it's this simple: If there's no evidence, then it cannot be said there is no plot or threat.

More candy-coated wafers from the office of feeling good. (Soylent Green's methods, if I recall ...)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links