Some ''German'' shooting terms ;)
This is a discussion on Some ''German'' shooting terms ;) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Be advised.... QK just woke the hell out of me!
THANK YOU BROTHER!
Note to self: Miggy, remember to delete browser cache before going home...
March 19th, 2007 10:48 PM
Be advised.... QK just woke the hell out of me!
THANK YOU BROTHER!
Note to self: Miggy, remember to delete browser cache before going home
You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
March 19th, 2007 11:15 PM
The spanish version - lets see how many can you get right: (words on parenthesis/left blank can be omited as they really make no sense/are seldomly used anymore in spanish - you'll end up getting a weird look from everyone around you)
• Ideal Handgun - Arma (corta o de mano) Ideal
• Large Caliber Handgun - Arma (corta o de mano) de alto Calibre
• Revolver - Revólver
• Semi auto - Semi Automática
• Standard Factory Ammunition - Munición de Manufactura Estándar
• Ideal Hot Load - Carga Ideal
• Over Hot Load ammo - Sobre Carga
• Hollow Point Bullet - (Bala de Punta Hueca)
• Misfire - Tiro fallido
• No Powder Load - Carga Defectuosa
• Stoppage - Funccionamiento Indebido
• Range Safety Officer - Oficial de Seguridad del Poligono de Tiro
• Custom Grips - Empuñaduras/Cachas Personalizadas
• Kaboom - ¡Anda pal cara#@!
• Dedicated Long Range Shooter - Tirador Dedicado de/a Largo Alcance/Distancia
• Casual Long Range Shooter - Tirador de/a Largo Alcance/Distancia (Casual)
• Black Powder Long Range Shooter - Tirador de/a Largo Alcance/Distancia con Mosquete/Arcabuz
• Cross Winds - Viento Crusado/Lateral
• Target - Blanco/Objetivo
• Bullseye - Centro del Blanco
• Iron Sights - Miras de Hierro
• Optical Sights - Miras Ópticas
• Target Miss - Fallar el tiro
• Target Spotter - Observador de tiro
• Target Marker - Marcador del blanco
Accessories ......... Accesorios........
• Umbrella - Sombrilla
• Sandbag - Saco de Arena
• Range Bag - (Bolsa de Apertrechos)
• Catapult - Catapulta
March 19th, 2007 11:40 PM
Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
March 20th, 2007 12:43 AM
March 20th, 2007 10:10 AM
VIP Member (Retired Staff)
Great work guys! Have to admit tho my Spanish skills are non-existent.
Nice Miggy - has a certain ''ring'' to it
P95 - El viejo Ingles de las sandalias
Chris - P95
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member. "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."http://www.rkba-2a.com/
- a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.
March 20th, 2007 10:15 AM
rofl. those are awesome. I'll be forwarding that to a few people for sure.
March 21st, 2007 07:40 PM
Partying hard: Fuqingruven
Standing in line: Weaintmovin
When I was stationed in Germany, whenever we couldn't figure out how much to torque a bolt, we used "German specs": Gutentight
"I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.
March 21st, 2007 07:48 PM
I think I'll stick to English. All this foreign language is making my head hurt.
Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
March 22nd, 2007 02:28 AM
You Can't Say That Here
"[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
They are left in full possession of them."
Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
March 22nd, 2007 02:51 AM
That is SO awesome. Thanks, Chris! Totally made my day!
"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
- Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"
By AzB in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: May 29th, 2010, 10:22 PM
By joepa150 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
Last Post: March 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM
By JonInNY in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: October 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM