SIXTO's Guide to becoming a good LEO

This is a discussion on SIXTO's Guide to becoming a good LEO within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A big problem that we are dealing with is the "suburban homeboy". These are middle class kids who like to pretend they are something they ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SIXTO's Guide to becoming a good LEO

A big problem that we are dealing with is the "suburban homeboy". These are middle class kids who like to pretend they are something they are not. Some of them are more dangerous than the real deal, because they feel like they have something to prove.
    You mean all the white guys from the half million dollar houses down there that listen to rap too loudly in their dad's BMW as they drive to an all male Catholic High school?

Some of them do feel that they need to prove something, and be tough, thankfully, most of them don't have the experience of growing up in a rough neighborhood and knowing survival skills like how to fight.

For a high dollar score, they have to go out of the "hood", but the wealthier neighborhoods tend to be better policed (or should I say "rangered"), and have more safety features built into the neighborhood. Modern suburbs actually tend to be built with citizen safety in mind, which is you get cul-de-sacs, windy streets, good natural survielance of the neighborhood, ect...

Older parts of cities which around Ohio at least tend to be the older parts, do not have the built in safety functions, and that makes crime a little easier there. Although a lot of petty crime is a crime of opportunity, and so people who commit property crimes tend to do so in their area (homeboys in the hood, rich old guys in the office stealing millions from the shareholders, suburbanites in the malls shoplifting.)
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    You mean all the white guys from the half million dollar houses down there that listen to rap too loudly in their dad's BMW as they drive to an all male Catholic High school?
    Yeah, that would be them. "rangered" LOL! I had the chance to become one of them a few years ago, boy am I glad I blew it. I know now that I would never be happy there.
    I mean no disrespect to them, they are one of the best trained police depts. around. To bad they dont get to use all that knowledge to often.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SIXTO.... reading your list was very enlightening, even though I am no LEO. After reading it again, I can relate to the list for other professions that arent LEO in nature; that being anyone working in a service oriented job. I dealt with the public in my job as a telco troubleshooter for +38 years, and alot of what you listed, I could think back on and relate to. Just sort of common sense thinking, no matter what your job is. Again, thanks for the thread.... great reading.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah, that would be them. "rangered" LOL! I had the chance to become one of them a few years ago, boy am I glad I blew it. I know now that I would never be happy there.
    I mean no disrespect to them, they are one of the best trained police depts. around. To bad they dont get to use all that knowledge to often.
    I don;t doubt they are one of the best trained, with all the money flowing around there they should be. Well, they do have wanna-be-congressmen running around with AR-15's. They do like to hassle delivery truck drivers in their areas though, all the residents want the stuff we bring, but not the noise of the trucks or something like that.

I did go to one of those high schools, but I bought my pick-em-up with my own money, and rap has never come out of its speakers.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Hasseling delivery trucks is not my idea of police work. I'm glad I stayed where I did. I got enough to keep me busy, and when I don't feel like dealing with the scum, I'll hang out in the very nice 'hoods.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks for the post. Brought back some good memories.
    Stay Safe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links