JFK assassination, new info?

This is a discussion on JFK assassination, new info? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was watching a documentary on the JFK assassination yesterday. Got to thinking about something I've never heard discussed. LHO was in the 6th floor ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JFK assassination, new info?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

I was watching a documentary on the JFK assassination yesterday. Got to thinking about something I've never heard discussed. LHO was in the 6th floor of the TSBD, in the far left (LHO's perspective) window. He was looking down and to his right at Elm St. as the street gradually drifted away from the TSBD. Distance from shooter to target was approximately 260 feet at time of shot. Here is a target moving away at an angle. Witnesses reported seeing a rifle barrel sticking out of the window. LHO was using a bolt action rifle (Italian Carcano).

It seems to me very improbable that LHO could have made the shots right handed. It seems less improbable, but still difficult, that he could have fired as quickly as he did left handed.

Thoughts?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Badgeman, enough said.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    After seeing the video, Kevin Costner, or um,the Louisiana DA was right, the second two shots are pretty close time wise, to be fired from a bolt action rifle.

I read in Readers Digest (early 06) I think, about a new technology for laser scanning old records, and getting near crystal clear quality sound without ever touching the record. A computer program would decipher the bumps and grooves and reproduce the sound in a virtual record player.

This technology was supposed to be used on the police recording from the officer that was there and had his radio mike keyed on. This recording was used in the Warren commission, and other investigations, but could not be heard clear enough to tell for sure how many shots were fired. They predicted the work would be done by years end, I can't find anything else about it.

Is the cover up still on going?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Well, I found this in Wiki:

Howard Leslie Brennan (Oklahoma, March 20, 1919 – Kaufman, Texas, December 22, 1983) was a witness to the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963. His description of a sniper he saw shooting from the Texas School Book Depository helped lead to the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald within 90 minutes of the assassination.[1]

Brennan, a 45-year-old steamfitter, watched the presidential motorcade from a concrete retaining wall at the southwest corner of Elm and Houston streets in Dealey Plaza, where he had a clear view of the south side of the Depository Building. While waiting a few minutes before the motorcade arrived, he looked up and saw a man appear at an open window at the southeast corner of the sixth floor, 120 feet (37 m) from Brennan, and observed him leave the window "a couple of times."

Brennan watched the Presidential limousine turn left from Houston to Elm, where it passed the depository and headed toward a freeway entrance. Soon after the President's car passed, he heard an explosion like the backfire of a motorcycle.

“ Well, then something, just right after this explosion, made me think that it was a firecracker being thrown from the Texas Book Store. And I glanced up. And this man that I saw previous was aiming for his last shot. . . . Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up. and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure himself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared. ”

Brennan quickly reported his observations to police officers, and within 15 minutes of the shooting a description of the suspect was broadcast to Dallas police cars. About a half hour later, Patrolman J. D. Tippit was shot and killed by Oswald after Tippit spotted him walking along a sidewalk, and stopped to speak to him. Oswald fled and was captured in a nearby movie theater.

A few hours later, Brennan saw Oswald on television. Then later the same evening Brennan identified Oswald as the person in a police lineup who most closely resembled the man in the window, but Brennan said he was unable to make a positive identification. Several months later, he later testified to the Warren Commission that at the time of the lineup, he believed the assassination was part of a conspiracy, and he was afraid for the safety of himself and his family. Because Brennan declined to make a positive identification in the police lineup, the commission regarded Brennan's subsequent testimony, that he sincerely believed he saw Oswald, as probative but not conclusive evidence that Oswald was the gunman in the sixth floor window.

Brennan's memoir Eyewitness to History, written with J. Edward Cherryholmes, was published posthumously in 1987.

Found this pic of the TSBD with Elm Street running in front. JFK would have ben travelling right to left.
    Attached Images

Here are some different perspectives.

Any snipers out there want to rate the validity of this shot for a righthander?
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    CCW and conspiracy theories don't mix... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Kevin Costner should get his stories straight. In "Bull Durham", he said he thought Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    CCW and conspiracy theories don't mix... :)

Not being a conspiracy theorist, just investigating the probablility of the shots.

As Much as i would like to know what happened i doubt there was one shooter as a lot do

Might as well face it we will never know what truly happened

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    As Much as i would like to know what happened i doubt there was one shooter as a lot do

Might as well face it we will never know what truly happened
    And T.V./movies and the 'net is the worst place to gather information.
    Kevin Costner is lucky to be able to tie his own shoes, I dont give a darn what he thinks about any topic, be it serious or in a movie.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    LHO was a Patsy. I dont' see how he could have ever made the shots on JFK. Its like if it sounds amazing, it probably is semi not true.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    After seeing the video, Kevin Costner, or um,the Louisiana DA was right, the second two shots are pretty close time wise, to be fired from a bolt action rifle.

I'm not quoating Costner here, I don't realy think he is that good of an actor, just refering to the point being made of the actual video of the event, that the second and third shots are close together, very unlikley to have come from a bolt action rifle.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Check out these pics, taken from the position of the video, and from the position of the car, looking in at all the suspect positions. Pretty good to look at.

Dealey Plaza

Found the article about trying to enhance the only sound recording made of the shooting.

Dictabelt No. 10
    Last edited by 4my sons; March 23rd, 2007 at 12:55 PM.

Having read many books on this subject and being interested in it for a long time, I will just say one thing as I do not wish to make this a big debate.

Anyone who is at all interesting in this subject, please do a search on and buy and read a book entitled "Mortal Error" by Bonar Menninger.
    He is a ballistics expert and the only one that I am aware of to have researched this subject and written a book on it. It is very well researched and his theory is well supported.

The basic premise he holds is this: Oswald got off 2 shots, one missed (his first) and one was the "magic bullet". By the way, he explains the "magic Bullet" very well. One bullet did in fact pass through JFK and the Governor. When you look at the car and the seats everyone was sitting in from above so you can see where everyone was actually located, the wound channels line up in a straight line.
    So, if the "magic bullet" passed through 2 people and 11 inches of bone and stayed intact, as a full metal jacket military round is supposed to, why did the round that struck him from behind in the head fragment so violently? Because it was an AD from a Secret Service agents AR-15 rifle in the chase car. He names the Agent and has a photo showing him with the gun in his hand in the chase car. The Secret Service denies that anyone in the motorcade had anything other than .38 revolvers.

Don't dismiss it. It is well supported and well explained in the book. I would urge you to read it. It is fascinating. And, it explains why there really was a cover up. How would the American people have reacted had they been told that the presidents head had been destroyed by a Secret Service Agent who accidentally shot the man he was charged to protect?
    It also explains why the 3rd round heard on the recording of the incident sounded different than the first 2.

Once you read it, it ALL makes sense. Trust me. It will change the way you look at the JFK assassination.

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Error-S.../dp/0312080743
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links