Duels? - Page 3

Duels?

This is a discussion on Duels? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Miggy True story.... I was 14 perhaps. Friend: "I wonder if getting hit by a BB hurts that much." Miggy: pump, aim, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duels?

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    True story.... I was 14 perhaps.

Friend: "I wonder if getting hit by a BB hurts that much."
    Miggy: pump, aim, pssssssssfft!
    Friend: OUCH!!!! Why did you do that?
    Miggy: You wanted to know.

You are not alone in the world of youthful stupidity
    Yeah I think I once fit into that youthful stupidity group too...My friends and I had wargames with BB guns instead of paintball markers (didn't even know what they were back then). Although, at least we had rules and we all followed them - No headshots or groin shots. No more than 3 pumps if by rifle, unlimited pumps by pistol. All shots had to be made at greater than 15yrds.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    Yeah we had wars too. Sometimes we mixed in fireworks too. I had an impressive bottlerocket gun, until my dad found it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Haha... I would use the greatest weapons of them all.

I would use.....

MY CAT!....

The offender would be so touched by his absolute cuteness that he would be entirely disarmed, and as long as I didn't look into that adorable fuzzy face and fall prey to his charm myself, then I could draw and strike my opponent dead... Then I would cuddle and pet the kitty!
    Last edited by limatunes; March 26th, 2007 at 03:24 PM.

Reminds me of a famous duel in Slidell, just outside of New Orleans. A very famous, and rather notorious, duelist from NO had a disagreement over money with a blacksmith in Slidell. Reverting to his usual bullying tactics he challenged the smith to a duel to settle matters. Rules of the day said that the one challenged had choice of weapons and location. Normally pistols or swords in a field.

The Blacksmith was a little over 6' and the notorious duelist was just over 5'. The blacksmith figured he was in big trouble not having the weapons skill of the duelist. He came up with a novel idea. He announced he accepted the challenge and the duel would take place in Lake Ponchartrain, in 6' of water with sledge hammers.

The New Orleans duelist withdrew his challenge and settled with the blacksmith!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

we did it with bottle rockets...

but I would probably just remind you that the only reason that God allowed dueling was due to "the hardness of your hearts" (or was that divorce?

I always prefer to call in tac-air

nuthin' quite like a good air strike to settle an old feud

If two individuals agree to it, I don't see how it can be wrong on any level.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Paintball guns. That way both get stung bad, and whatever has gotten a burr under the saddle is answered.

On another note, those that are caught for vandalism should be dressed up in their best clothes and shot repeadly with paintball guns, after they get done painting over their tagging.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links