Wabash Investigations: Paranormal Investigations Division

Wabash Investigations: Paranormal Investigations Division

This is a discussion on Wabash Investigations: Paranormal Investigations Division within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought some of ya'll might get a kick outta' this. A while back a friend and I decided to start our paranormal investigations up ...

Thread: Wabash Investigations: Paranormal Investigations Division

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

Cool Wabash Investigations: Paranormal Investigations Division

I thought some of ya'll might get a kick outta' this.

A while back a friend and I decided to start our paranormal investigations up again. We had done this as teenagers, but never to the extent that I wanted to.

I built some instruments and will have to get pics of them up. Interesting things, simple, but they work.

This is the first branch of Wabash Investigations. Though the paranormal is our passion, it's not, by far, the only thing we intend to investigate. That would be anything that grabs our attention!

I programmed a web page this morning, and hooked it up to a paranormal investigation discussion board I also built this morning. There are a few things of interest on both, though I (intentionally) went a bit overboard on the discussion board.

We went to a graveyard and I began snapping pics where my meter said to. As my camera doesn't have an IR filter, it picked up what are called "orbs." Nobody really agrees what they are: Some believe they're ghosts, some believe they're tiny alien vessels which are cloaked(!), and some believe they're dust and pollen.

I fired off five very quick pictures and these things just kept multiplying. My lense was 100% dust free at that point. On the webpage you can see these orbs - some are glowing, but most are a murky gray. I can't explain it but I'm not jumping to any conclusions either.

Anyway, have a look at http://www.geocities.com/wabashparan...nvestigations/ and tell me what you think!

Enjoy!

Josh <><

Administrator
    There are many things about this universe that we have not yet been able to comprehend and have no plausible explanations for.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A guy I work with is a member of the KPI (Kentucky Paranormal Investigations). I don't personally have an interest in it, but he's showed me some really cool recordings from some of the "haunted" sights around here. Probably a fun hobby!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Last fall my son set up his game camera on my new farm (wooded area) in order to get a handle on what was there. In several of the frames their are all I can explain it as glowing orbs of swamp gas, it comes out of the ground behind a deer moves around in several frames, then is gone.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

all the paranormal studies just fascinate me. I have a few photos from a digital camera that I took at an uncles funeral, and there clearly next to the casket, is an orb. Another uncle examined the orb in the pic with a microscope and said it looked like an upside down smiley face.
    How about that ?
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
    I thought some of ya'll might get a kick outta' this.

A while back a friend and I decided to start our paranormal investigations up again. We had done this as teenagers, but never to the extent that I wanted to.

I built some instruments and will have to get pics of them up. Interesting things, simple, but they work.

This is the first branch of Wabash Investigations. Though the paranormal is our passion, it's not, by far, the only thing we intend to investigate. That would be anything that grabs our attention!

I programmed a web page this morning, and hooked it up to a paranormal investigation discussion board I also built this morning. There are a few things of interest on both, though I (intentionally) went a bit overboard on the discussion board.

We went to a graveyard and I began snapping pics where my meter said to. As my camera doesn't have an IR filter, it picked up what are called "orbs." Nobody really agrees what they are: Some believe they're ghosts, some believe they're tiny alien vessels which are cloaked(!), and some believe they're dust and pollen.

I fired off five very quick pictures and these things just kept multiplying. My lense was 100% dust free at that point. On the webpage you can see these orbs - some are glowing, but most are a murky gray. I can't explain it but I'm not jumping to any conclusions either.

Anyway, have a look at http://www.geocities.com/wabashparan...nvestigations/ and tell me what you think!

Enjoy!

Josh <><
    What else have the 'voices' been telling you to do?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Last apartment I lived in was haunted by a boy who looked to be around 10-12y.o. He wore an orange sweater with blue stripes and brown chords. No joke. Scared the crap outta me a few times. Whats weird is the building was BRAND NEW. I saw some stuff and my friends witnessed so really unexplainable things - like a Cable Splitter being thrown from on top of the TV into a wall while every one of us were watching said TV. Girlfriend at the time had a scare she wouldn't talk about but she flat out refused to go into my bathroom after something happend.

Never had anything else odd happen to me. Didn't believe in ghosts til I lived there. Haven't run into another one since!!! haha
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    I'm a seeing is believing type of guy, and I have worked many night shifts in a town with lots of history. I have owned a old house with an interesting history as well.
    I dont buy into the whole orb thing, there is just to much stuff that cannot be explained otherwise. To many honest people have stories to tell, there has to be an element of truth in them somewhere.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i've only ever once seen a "ghost": i was about 19, sitting in a friends living room, along with 7 other people. we were all talking about a basketball game, when this black shape suddenly entered the room, and ran across the living room into a closet, slamming the door behind it. we all jumped up and screamed; two of us crept to the closet and, unwillingly, opened it to investigate. there was nothing there. now, we all saw the same thing; only about 3 of us were under the influence (i was not one of them). we all kinda freaked out and got the heck outta there. i never went back to that house.
    Last edited by Bumper; April 3rd, 2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Language

Senior Moderator
    I have a lot of theories about what "ghosts" are, but I won't say they don't exist.

My pastor used to say that there is a spirit world behind this one, one that we cannot see but is very real and if, by some miracle, we were granted the vision to even glimpse that world we would probably instantly die of fright.

The novel I just finished is about a homicidal ghost, my next three novels are based on demons and angels.

As I was doing research on demons, demonology and angels, I ran into a lot of stuff that's pretty creepy. My mother got pretty worried about me and said, "That world is real. It's okay to learn about it and read about it and to be knowledgeable about it, but there is a line, that once you cross, you can't so easily come back from.
    "Investigate all you'd like, just don't start playing with it. Treat it with the respect and fear it deserves."

Rented a house when I was stationed in Louisiana--dog barked at the walls, kitchen drawers opening by themselves (while all of us are sitting at the table), TV turning on and off, and the best one:
    One of my son's train toys toooting it's whistle---when there were no batteries in it!!
    We moved out within a week.

When my wife (then girlfriend) started dating I spent the night at her house. She had this facination with candles. One candle was lit and the the entire surface area of the wax was flaming. Huge flame, then the candle just POPPED and busted all to pieces. Later than night one of her lamps came on, so I turned it off. About 5 minutes later it came back on so I turned it off and unplugged it. About 5 minutes later it came on again. We went to my house at that point.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

So, what caliber round will be effective for the paranormal apparitions? I would think at least a 50BMG. What say ye?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    So, what caliber round will be effective for the paranormal apparitions? I would think at least a 50BMG. What say ye?
    Concentrated protons put through a neutrona wand... 'Least I think that's what Ghostbusters said.

When I was living in that place with the little kid-ghosty, the first few times I heard him in the middle of the night, I would clear the house. I felt retarted afterwards... "Yeah Aaron! Kill him again! An' this time put some stank on it!"
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Links