Worst Movie ever - Page 2

Worst Movie ever

This is a discussion on Worst Movie ever within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Eragon. I got about halfway through the book when the movie came out, and was excited, the book is a great read. Then I watched ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Movie ever

Eragon. I got about halfway through the book when the movie came out, and was excited, the book is a great read. Then I watched the movie and the movie is so bad that I can't even pick up the book now.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    'Once Upon a Time in America' with Robert DeNiro and James Woods was 229 minutes of boredom. I can't believe I watched the whole thing.

On my last trip to Blockbuster, I ended up renting 'Shadowboxer' and 'The Night Listener'... Disgusting horrible dreck. Bilge water!

'Death to Smoochy', 'Syriana', 'Solaris', 'I Heart Huckabees', 'Dirty Pretty Things', 'Hide and Seek' -- not my kind of movies.

'The Sea of Grass' with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn. 'Bad Day at Black Rock'.

"The Mexican' with Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts. They are not believable as a couple.

'The Pianist' with Adrien Brody.

'Me, Myself, and Irene'.

'Blade Runner', 'Dune', 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind', 'The Deer Hunter'.

'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift'

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

you stole mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Eragon. I got about halfway through the book when the movie came out, and was excited, the book is a great read. Then I watched the movie and the movie is so bad that I can't even pick up the book now.

Ahh You stole mine.

Just saw Eragon last week and was very disappointed. What a piece.

Hope someone got fired for letting that one squeek out of the movie industries ass.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I race cars. Hands down worst movie series ever made - Fast & the Furious. I walked out of the theater during the first one. Watched half the second one on TV one afternoon. I think I'd rather be wed to Nancy Pelosi than see the 3rd one. If those turds were real and spent the money properly, they'd be three times faster and probably not be ****ing dumb enough to think that drifting through corners makes you faster. !$%!$%!#%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

Other crappy ones... Weekend at Bernies 2. SLC Punk (shut it off 10 minutes in). Napolean Dynamite - I think that may have been the worst movie I've ever seen all of. I dunno... I've gotten some really rotten junk off of Netflix.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

As for worst movie try John Wayne in "The Conquerer" about Ghengis Kahn. Painful to watch and it was filmed downwind from the nuclear test sites in the desert. Many of the cast and crew later died of cancer including the Duke. Some blame that location as much of the dust they were working in was contaminated. It was so horrible that Howard Hughes (producer and I think director) wouldn't even release it, only released after his death.

Dakotaranger, best thing to come out of Waterworld was the sailboat and my old cruising buddy's father bought what was left of it and is rebuilding it. It is actually a serious, high tech carbon fiber kevlar ocean racer and will be an impressive vessel when he's done. A real speed machine that I'd love to beg a ride on. It will be similar to this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZDS3miKQCc

Stick it out to the second half of the clip and you'll see why offshore sailors find roller coasters a yawn and roll their eyes at video games, reality is so much better!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

+20 on any of the Fast and the Furious movies. I too race, autoX and drag, have always raced imports. That movie made me wanna sell my Honda race car and hide in a hole for 5 years. It tainted the Japanese racing scene with ricers, who think their ebay intakes, 8 inch muffler tips, and stupid graphics make them a race car driver. I love watching them run 16-17 second quarter miles at the track on test and tune night with their pep-boyed out rice wagons. Then lining up my stock looking hatch and riping off a low 12. I wanna sue the weiners that made those movies for creating a generation of retards.

Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    Pulp Fiction, and Repo Man. I have gotten to the point if a move dose not grab my attention in about 20-40 min. I just turn it off or, leave.
    Two of my favorites actually.
    The Marshmallowist

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Nobody has said Alexander yet. I have not seen it, don't plan to either. Heard it was HORRIBLE.

A couple that were mentioned that I think are good films are Pulp Fiction (Modern Classic!) and The Thin Red Line.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

"Toys" with Robin Williams.

It was so bad that my normally "don't make waves" wife demanded our money back from the manager. And she got it.

Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    Pulp Fiction, and Repo Man. I have gotten to the point if a move dose not grab my attention in about 20-40 min. I just turn it off or, leave.
    I could watch Pulp Fiction every day, then follow that with Reservoir Dogs.

As for the worst, An Inconvenient Truth.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

The Departed and Borat.

Yes im serious!

kpw
    I agree with some but some of the movies listed I liked. Worst of all time for me? "My Private Idaho" with Keanu Reeves. The wife rented it. Out of all the stinkers she ever picked, that one was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    and The Thin Red Line.
    The first time I saw TRL, I absolutely hated it. It was billed as a war movie with a freaking stellar cast. It was also in the Pacific Island Campaigns so for a moment I thought it was a Marine movie.

Well, it was a total letdown on every point there. The second time I saw it, it was a lot better because there were no expectations. I think it's an okay movie in it's own right, but it was sure advertised badly.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Nobody has said Alexander yet. I have not seen it, don't plan to either. Heard it was HORRIBLE.

A couple that were mentioned that I think are good films are Pulp Fiction (Modern Classic!) and The Thin Red Line.

I probably didn't mention it because I'm trying to forget that I ever even let my eyes THINK about watching one single frame of that movie..

OH THE HORROR!

Now I'm having flash backs of torture.

Who knew that torture could consist of sitting on your couch with your husband, a bucket of pop-corn and a movie, but let me tell you, it CAN.

***Uncontrolled weeping***

Quote Originally Posted by devilmutt View Post
    I could watch Pulp Fiction every day, then follow that with Reservoir Dogs.
    +2! And a healthy dose of Kill Bill thrown in for good measure. :)

Worst movie ever? Ummm... I have to agree on Borat. Couple of funny parts but over all what a waste.

My Private Idaho was weird but not terrible. The real stinker movie, I thought, from Keano was A Walk In The Clouds. God, it was horrible.

Ocean's Eleven was fun - Ocean's Twelve was not.

The recent King Kong with Jack Black sucked.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links