Worst Movie ever

This is a discussion on Worst Movie ever within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by PapaScout The recent King Kong with Jack Black sucked. That's funny because I thought it was really good. I cried my eyes ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Movie ever

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    The recent King Kong with Jack Black sucked.
    That's funny because I thought it was really good. I cried my eyes out at the end of this. I'm pretty sure I was sobbing when King Kong died.

2. Remove Ads

Of recent movies I'm voting for Miami Vice.
    I went to see it because I figured fast cars, shootouts, and speedboats. How can you go wrong with that?
    Well you can. It was bad.

I'm supprised I haven't seen Jarhead mentioned yet. That one sucked too.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

Anything w/ Jane Fonda in it!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    A couple that were mentioned that I think are good films are Pulp Fiction (Modern Classic!) and The Thin Red Line.
    Same here. Own both and have watched each one multiple times.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    That's funny because I thought it was really good. I cried my eyes out at the end of this. I'm pretty sure I was sobbing when King Kong died.

I loved Nacho Libre and School of Rock with Jack Black
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

On a somewhat humorous side note:

I was married in 1993 and rented Pulp Fiction in late 1994/early 1995 whenever it hit rental. I had heard nothing of this film except that there was "buzz" about it.

I brought this movie home to watch with my new wife, her very English Mom and Dad, and her Extremely English Grandmother on her Mom's side.

I thought the movie was hysterical but they found it quite disturbing - and they probably thought it quite disturbing that I found it so hysterical. :-P
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

King Kong was 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. The only good parts are when he fought the T-rexes and when they killed the ape at the end with 37 strafing runs.

I was literally angry as I left that movie. It was 2.5 hours of Peter Jackson getting some graphics designer to edit in "emotional faces" on a computer animated gorilla and .5 hours of action.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

All time worst movie: 'Robin and Marian' staring Sean Connery as an over-the-hill Robin Hood. With Audrey Hepburn, Robert Shaw, Richard Harris... (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075147/) Just horrible. Before seeing this POS I was convinced that Sean Connery never made a bad movie. Boy, how wrong I was.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Anything w/ Jane Fonda in it!
    I wouldn't know. Never seen her act. Don't plan on it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Eragon. I got about halfway through the book when the movie came out, and was excited, the book is a great read. Then I watched the movie and the movie is so bad that I can't even pick up the book now.
    Get over the piss poor screen version and pick the book back up. It's a good read. I'm hopeful that we'll see more work out of Christopher Paolini in the future. With a little maturity, he may very well turn into an outstanding author.

BTW: John Malkovich? as Galbatorix? You gotta be kidding me!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I'm sorry, but Jarhead sucked for me.
    Stone Cold with Tom Selleck was a surprise, excellent.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I have recently found that any movie my wife and her niece rent turns into the worst movie I have ever seen. Most recently it was Friends With Money with Jennifer Aniston. I can't believe anyone financed this thing and expected to get a return on their dollar. Before that it was Prime with Ulma Thurman. Since these two flops we have banned my wife and niece from picking out movies for us to watch.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

According To Audience Polls...

The 10 worst EVER...

Anne B. Real
    Crossover
    The Hillz
    Snowboard Academy
    Bottoms Up
    Going Overboard
    SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2
    From Justin to Kelly
    Car 54, Where Are You?
    Santa with Muscles

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Retsup.. I haven't seen any of those.... they sound like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes-type of movies
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    I'm sorry, but Jarhead sucked for me.
    Stone Cold with Tom Selleck was a surprise, excellent.

Personally I would say that "Jarhead" was the most boring yet accurate war movie ever made. While I did enjoy it I will say that it wasn't that good. I'll take "Full Metal Jacket" or "We Were Soldiers" any day of the week.

As far as worst movies go I have to add two more, and I may catch some flack for these:

1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show...Need I say more?

2. Apocolypse Now, for all the hype I was SEVERELY DISSAPOINTED

And I agree, Stone Cold was surprisingly good, I'm a big fan of the Robert Parker novels and that movie was done pretty close to the book.

Imo, Jarhead is a lot better if you are a Marine because then much more of the movie makes sense to you.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    I have to add a "classic of the bad": Ishtar w/ Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links