Worst Movie ever - Page 4

Worst Movie ever

This is a discussion on Worst Movie ever within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SammyIamToday Imo, Jarhead is a lot better if you are a Marine because then much more of the movie makes sense to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Imo, Jarhead is a lot better if you are a Marine because then much more of the movie makes sense to you.
    Tell me about it, I couldn't help but think of all the dumb stuff I saw in Kuwait before we attacked. All I can say is "Chem light races"

Did anybody notice that during "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" in the background of one scene a small Hughes piston-engined helicopter hauled off and crashed on-camera? The crew survived with the sort of injuries that may be expected after experiencing a flaming helicopter wreck. Later, the ever-resourceful producers pointed a camera at the smoking wreck, had the talent ad-lib some stuff, and just like that had a quarter-million-dollar stunt in the can...

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    'Blade Runner'
    CLASSIC!
    The re-released 1992 Director's Cut changed the entire meaning of the film.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Imo, Jarhead is a lot better if you are a Marine because then much more of the movie makes sense to you.
    I think Jarhead made sense if you've been in the service. I watched it with a bunch of guys from work and my wife. And my wife was the only one who didn't understand it.

I guess it's just one of those things.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Starship Troopers - that is, if you knew the story RAH actually wrote.
    Dune - that is, if you knew the story Herbert actually wrote.
    Mission Impossible - if you had any respect at all for the TV series
    War of the Worlds - staring the sawn-off punk who helped ruin Mission Impossible
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

Manos, Hands of Fate...

yes, for those of you who speak spanish, that does translate into... Hands, Hands of Fate... so low budget that you actually see a guy in a bush with a boom mic, and the first 20 minutes of the movie is a camera in a car driving around the desert! How exciting!

This movie was actually on the IMDB "worst movies of all time" list.
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"
    -Winston Churchill

"Walk softly and carry a big stick"
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Sometimes there is justice... Most of the time there is just-us

Both Mission: Impossible movies sucked beyond belief. Wait, there's a 3rd one? No thanks.

Transporter 2: Damn I wanted to like this movie but who wrote the script?

Reservoir Dogs: I loved Pulp Fiction but RD was nothing but a masturbatory kill-fest.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Reservoir Dogs: I loved Pulp Fiction but RD was nothing but a masturbatory kill-fest.
    Have you seen the previews of the next Tarantino/Rodriguez movie? I know you must suspend disbelief but I draw the line when they use an AR as a prosthetic leg and shoot with it.

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    I think Jarhead made sense if you've been in the service. I watched it with a bunch of guys from work and my wife. And my wife was the only one who didn't understand it.
    I've never been in the service myself, but before, during and after my husband and I hooked up I was around a LOT of Marines and sailors.

When John and I went to see Jarhead at the theater, we were both laughing at some of the more realistic parts only because we recognized them as being true.

I didn't realize how different we were until I looked around and saw other people grimacing and recoiling from things we were laughing at.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that every single Sailor, Marine, Airman, Coastie and Solider is an upstanding individual with fabulous morals and clean cut manners who wants nothing but to honorably serve his country in the best way possible. What they don't realize is that 99% of our beloved "troops" are kids who do stupid, crazy, dumb, dangerous, offensive, ignorant, and sometimes horrible things. A lot of them grow up pretty fast, but some of them never do and I think to accurately portray that in any form (media, books, movies) is to shock our average American way of thinking.

Jarhead was boring as can be, but at least it was pretty honest.

Another HORRIBLE movie was "The Family Stone." ... GAG! Someone owes me two hours of their life for producing that movie.

I now have a theory about how to choose a winner from a looser movie....

When you are at the video store, look at the cover, if the characters on the cover are not doing anything but standing there, DON'T RENT IT!
    Let's review...
    The Family Stone... The cover is a bunch of shots of characters heads, some of them smiling, some of them just sitting there... DUD!

Mindhunters (another horrible movie).. The cover is the characters standing in a V-shaped line. One of the gals is holding up a gun. No one is DOING anything.. DUD!

We Were Soldiers (GOOD movie).. Sure the cover is mainly of Mel Gibson's face, but in the background you see soldiers fighting and explosions.. there is action. Someone is DOING something.

In the original movie poster of the GodFather, he's petting his cat. It may not be much but he's still doing something.

StarWars.. EVERYONE loves Star Wars... on the cover they are fighting, shooting, kissing.. darn near everything. There is ACTION.. it's a good movie.

Some movies may be some exceptions, but that's my formula to decide whether it's a good movie or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing! I agree it's fairly gratuitous. I choose not to watch the razor scene anymore and FF over it.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Sponsor
    Natural Born Killers!
    To be totally fair, I never made it more than 20 min. into it before I had to violently regurgitate. It might have gotten better. (gag)
    Loved Pulp hated RD
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Natural Born Killers!
    To be totally fair, I never made it more than 20 min. into it before I had to violently regurgitate. It might have gotten better. (gag)
    Loved Pulp hated RD
    It doesn't change. If you don't like the first 20 minutes you won't like the rest. Another personal favorite of mine, though. First movie I ever saw with Woody Harrelson. Far cry from his Cheers role...
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Have you seen the previews of the next Tarantino/Rodriguez movie? I know you must suspend disbelief but I draw the line when they use an AR as a prosthetic leg and shoot with it.

that's the main reason i'm going to see it! rose mcgowan? double my pleasure! i love campy movies like this promises to be; the directors know it's corny, cheesy and exploitative, and make no apologies.

here's some crap movies of recent memory:

1. ultraviolet
    2. transporter 2
    3. the cave
    4. the marine
    5. the fantastic four
    6. the grudge 2
    7. did i mention ultraviolet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links