How sad, how could anyone do this???

This is a discussion on How sad, how could anyone do this??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How would you like to locked up in a room with this individual? Unclaimed dog saved seconds before being crushed in trash compac - wave3.com-Louisville ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: How sad, how could anyone do this???

gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rhinoman's Avatar
    My daughters started the local animal rescue and we've seen a lot of abused animals. One family bought a 6 week old puppy on craigslist and their son dumped battery acid on it and it died. They went back to the seller and demanded another one for free and the seller gave them another puppy from the same litter. About a week later the father took the puppy to the local emergency vet because his son had chopped off the puppy's tail and ears and couldn't get the bleeding to stop. The vet called the police and they seized the puppy and asked the rescue to hold it as evidence in a cruelty case. The family demanded the puppy be returned and sued the rescue to get it back. A local lawyer represented the rescue for free. The family went on a social media rampage and trashed the police and the rescue.

Another guy wanted to adopt a dog and filled out the paperwork. When he found out that the rescue had contacted his former vet for a reference he went nuts started calling my house and threatening my daughter.

On at least two separate cases, renters were thrown out of their homes for non payment of rent and left their animals in the house to die. The two dogs ate sheetrock to survive and were near death when we got them.

We see lots of dogs that were used for bait dogs. People tie them up and put muzzles on them and then let their fighting dogs tear them apart to get used to killing other dogs.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    My daughters started the local animal rescue and we've seen a lot of abused animals. One family bought a 6 week old puppy on craigslist and their son dumped battery acid on it and it died. They went back to the seller and demanded another one for free and the seller gave them another puppy from the same litter. About a week later the father took the puppy to the local emergency vet because his son had chopped off the puppy's tail and ears and couldn't get the bleeding to stop. The vet called the police and they seized the puppy and asked the rescue to hold it as evidence in a cruelty case. The family demanded the puppy be returned and sued the rescue to get it back. A local lawyer represented the rescue for free. The family went on a social media rampage and trashed the police and the rescue.

Another guy wanted to adopt a dog and filled out the paperwork. When he found out that the rescue had contacted his former vet for a reference he went nuts started calling my house and threatening my daughter.

On at least two separate cases, renters were thrown out of their homes for non payment of rent and left their animals in the house to die. The two dogs ate sheetrock to survive and were near death when we got them.

We see lots of dogs that were used for bait dogs. People tie them up and put muzzles on them and then let their fighting dogs tear them apart to get used to killing other dogs.
    Good Lord Rhino. I can't like this....because I don't. But the dark side of people is so scary. I'm no shrinking violet but some things are just too sick to imagine a human being is capable of doing them. Brave girls you got there.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Animals are part of a hierarchy of life where man is at the top, so I have no problem with killing an animal when there's a necessity (i.e. food, pest control, compassion). But it should always be done in a humane way and not for the sole purpose of killing in and of itself.
    msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member

Hats off to you and your daughters. You are doing a service I'm not cut out for. I can walk through the wreckage of a prison, shooting gallery, 12-step meeting, or inner city gang war zone and feel absolutely nothing but a hardness in my heart. Take me around a helpless animal which has been abused, otoh, and I want to cry my eyes out and hurt people all at the same time.
    Invincible ignorance...look it up.

VIP Member
    There is a special place in Hell for those people who are cruel to animals, especially dogs. Dogs are angels.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

TRX
    On at least two separate cases, renters were thrown out of their homes for non payment of rent and left their animals in the house to die.
    That's not that unusual. The only-slightly-less scumbags just toss their pets outside before driving away.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    There is a special place in Hell for those people who are cruel to animals, especially dogs. Dogs are angels.
    There is indeed, and if my life in this world doesn't cut the mustard in the next, maybe Satan will give me a second shift trustee job in the child and animal abuser wing. I'm sitting here looking at the greatest puppy in the world as I contemplate all this.
    Invincible ignorance...look it up.

VIP Member
    Out of sight, out of mind. I'm sure whomever did this didn't think twice. Wasn't his/her own life, hence no skin off the nose. Just one more problem dealt with, letting others cope with the fallout.

We'll see whether the perp's caught on video somewhere in that apartment complex. Might well have been seen. Wouldn't surprise me if others in that group of apartments know who the folks are, from the news reports.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I've heard that a good number of people who "warm up" abusing animals move on to humans sooner or later.
    Submariner and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array LtBlue425's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post
    I've heard that a good number of people who "warm up" abusing animals move on to humans sooner or later.
    What you heard is true. At the animal shelter I can spot those who're scouting for bait dogs. Pretty easy to pick them out.

Psychopathic killers often have documented animal cruelty in their backgrounds. A well documented trait.

I cannot put into words what should happen to people who treat animals like that.
    Mike1956 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Dumb crooks......the fun part of police work!

VIP Member
    Some people don't deserve to be breathing the same air I am. They make piano wire and concrete walls for those sick ********.
    Jk1911, LtBlue425 and gatorbait51 like this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan81 View Post
    Animals are part of a hierarchy of life where man is at the top, so I have no problem with killing an animal when there's a necessity (i.e. food, pest control, compassion). But it should always be done in a humane way and not for the sole purpose of killing in and of itself.
    We are stewards....we use the resource. Abuse is a sickening perversion.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

The perp would not want me on his (or her) jury.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Distinguished Member Array Rhinoman's Avatar
    Here's two photos of the same dog. He was a bait dog that my daughters rescued. The first one was a couple of weeks after his rescue. The second one was about a year later.
    Attached Images
    CIBMike, gen3, Jeanlouise and 6 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links