Some pics of new dog - Page 2

Some pics of new dog

This is a discussion on Some pics of new dog within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Betty Thanks for sharing the pics and thank you for adopting a shelter dog....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some pics of new dog

Betty
    Thanks for sharing the pics and thank you for adopting a shelter dog.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

woof

Judging by the legs and face Tanner has corgi blood

This is a pic of Chevy our corgi mix
    Thanks for saving an animal, all are pets are rescues, 2 dogs and 4 cats
    Attached Images

Cute puppy.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Let's face it, dogs are better than lots of people to have around! This one looks like a character. May she have a long life of chasing squirrels and birds!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Lucky pup because she has a great new owner/family! Love the action and sleeping shots.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    Yep, Tanner looks like Chevy in the face and ears. She exhibits some Corgi traits, too - she's tried to "herd" me around the room.

She chews up rubber Kong toys and rawhides like she's a shark. I've sewn and re-sewn a lot of her soft toys - she'll shake them, growl like she's a 100-pound Rottweiler, and wrestle the living daylights out of them. Anybody have an recommendations on safe toys that are a bit more chew/tear resistant? Other than a cat?
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Dogs are great! Can you tell by my avitar to the left that I am a dog lover. She has a new little brother we got back in December that is a pure bred chocolate lab. You look like you have a winner there too.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

That is indeed one lucky pup. I belong to a 5 year old Siberian Husky that is a complete handful.

You too are very lucky to ber her new best friend.
    When you Stay ready, you never have to Get ready.

I also got my dog, Rescue, from the local shelter. What a true blessing this dog will be to you. Beautiful! Congrats!!!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Great pics Betty, looks like she'll be endless entertainment for you guys as well. We rescued our cat about two years ago and now she runs the place, spoiled rotten but we love her. There's something about rescued animals that makes them even more special to have around.
    Jack

Here's our Corgi, Toby.

They are little clowns thats for sure.
    Attached Images

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Anybody have an recommendations on safe toys that are a bit more chew/tear resistant? Other than a cat?
    The cat's probably a pretty good idea, but if you want something that will keep her busy, not leave a mess, is extremely durable, good for her teeth and will usually keep them from chewing up stuff you'd rather have left alone, buy a NylaBone. The "non-edible" ones are very durable....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    Kongs are great, I fill 'em with peanut butter or water then freeze. It keeps my dogs busy for a while. I'll also feeze other toys, they seem to like that.

Those canvas dummies used to work retrievers are great too. They look a bit boring but once you toss it around with the dog a little, they love them. They are much tougher than the standard fluffy bunny things.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    She chews up rubber Kong toys and rawhides like she's a shark. I've sewn and re-sewn a lot of her soft toys - she'll shake them, growl like she's a 100-pound Rottweiler, and wrestle the living daylights out of them.
    In her mind, she is a 100 pound Rottweiler! With a "S" on the cape, like El suggested!

Puppies do like the knotted ropes too (they floss too), and our Dobie loved a Kevlar Frisbee toy (indestructible).

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    She has a rubber Nylabone that's been leaving little bits of blue flecks all over the place. It's lasted the longest so far, but I suppose she'll have that down to a nub in another week or so. I heard the hard plastic ones can be dangerous because the bits are sharp and when ingested, can tear up her insides.

I finally bought her a big muiltipack of rawhides - she went through one in three-four days.

I took an old bath towel, cut it in half, rolled it up like a log and sewed it. She likes that, and it's been somewhat durable. And cheap.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links