Ever have a really bad day like this?

This is a discussion on Ever have a really bad day like this? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today i was driving to breakfast, on my way into town, iwas in the left lane of the road. I turned my right blinker on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a really bad day like this?

Ever have a really bad day like this?

Today i was driving to breakfast, on my way into town, iwas in the left lane of the road. I turned my right blinker on and checked my mirrors it seemed clear so i started to move into the right lane,.
    All of a sudden a horn starts blasting at me and a black geo was right on my tail.The woman pulled up beside me and started yelling nasty things at me. I yelled back half a dozen times saying i was sorry i hadn't seen her, this didn't seem to mollify her at all.I know what i did was borderline illegal, I have a very wicked temper which most of the time I control She kept yelling at me , so i pulled around her and stopped my vehicle in front of hers and made her stop I walked up to her drivers side window, when i noticed she had a boy around 8or9 years old, I knew i had to say something, I had tried to apoligise
    to her but it wasn't working, Im sad to say this is what came out of my mouth, I ignored the woman and asked the boy if this woman was his mother, he replied it was. So I asked him if he loved her , he said yes very much. I turned back to the woman who now was looking at me and being very quiet, and i said to her that she should really thank her son, she got snotty and said why to me . I told her
    because her son was the only reason she was still alive and unharmed. Well of course she blew up at me again, put her car in gear and pulled away. I just stood there stunned at myself for what I had just said Some times you have to hold onto you self and mouth
    I have thought long and hard on this, It seems we both let the situation get out of hand, i called my local sheriffs office and explained what happend, they cane and took a report and chewed my stupid but for being a moron, at least im not in jail, I have a lawyer on stand by. No complaints have been filed, So now we wait and see, So remember this Watch what you say and how you say things to other
    people, it could come back to bite you in the hind end.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

2. Remove Ads

"Ever have a really bad day like this?"

no.
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 2nd, 2007 at 08:53 PM.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

You have got to learn to play nice. Just Kidding. Some people are beyond reason. I hate to drive sometimes due to the way people act. People are too wound up these days.

Senior Moderator
    Hmm ....
    lets look at it a different way...

She kept yelling at me , so i pulled around her and stopped my vehicle in front of hers and made her stop I walked up to her drivers side window,

Mistake number one.
    YOU initiated contact. You forced her to stop.

I ignored the woman and asked the boy if this woman was his mother, he replied it was.

Mistake no. 2.
    You addressed a minor. That alone could have been seen as a threat.

I told her because her son was the only reason she was still alive and unharmed.

Mistake no.3.
    You insinuated that you were mad enough to harm her.That could have been seen as a threat.

I just stood there stunned at myself for what I had just said

As you should have been. THINK before you ACT.

To put it bluntly, you screwed up big time and are lucky to be alive. Same scenario with a different person might have got you shot.

One might articulate to a jury that you :
    1. illegally stopped her
    2. ignored her and addressed her son,
    3. made a statement that if her son had not been there that you could have killed her

Had she shot you, she might have been justified.

At the very least, with the information provided, had she called the law, you could have been arrested and charged with assault. Think about it. A cop gets a call that an irate man has forced someone off the road,and made threatening comments. You could have been forced to the ground at gunpoint and handcuffed. Put in the back of a patrol car and taken to jail while your vehicle was being towed. Gotten your picture taken and had a record of violence that haunted you forever. If you had a CHL, it could have been revoked. If you didnt have one and wanted one several years later, this incident would have prevented you from ever getting one.

You are going to have to do better.
    Much better.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

kpw
    My mom used to tell me that you can regret and apologise for things you say but once said, you can't take it back. The good part is that you know what you said was wrong. Some wouldn't know it or wouldn't care if they did.

Bad juju, man. Sounds like a good way for you to have ended up in custody, or shot, or run over.

Temper, temper...
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    Enigma: you messed up but at least you are sharing your mistake with everybody and it will help others.

That being said and agreeing with HotGuns assesment, I need you to think: What if instead of stopping a soccer mom with a bad temper, you stopped Betty?

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator
    Nope, I spend more hours on the highway than I do at home, I just smile politely while flipping the bird out if thier field of view

No horn blowing unless they are about to hit me, no yelling, no cussing, and no instigating.

Lead Moderator
    If your temper is that bad, I suggest you seriously re consider concealed carry. first rule of carrying, don't start anything.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    No...
    Rocky's right; but, it goes beyond that to possession of any guns.
    I hope the woman was so mad she couldn't see straight.

Jeez. Can't you just give her the finger like everyone else??

DC Founder
    I have to say I agree with Rocky, you should probably reconsider your decision to carry until that kind of behavior can be eliminated. Imagine what might have happened if the woman's husband would have been behind her in another car and decided to take you to task....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator

darkvibe

"Jeez. Can't you just give her the finger like everyone else??"

Just an interesting notation that a person should be very cautious how they act while armed.

Be very careful not to escalate any scenario that could eventually lead to a deadly confrontation.

You cannot contribute to the threat that you then need to end with deadly force.

It's extremely legally perilous to (in any way) goad an individual into attacking you and then shoot that individual.

This just presented as a general FYI as I know you were being sarcastic.

In all seriousness, you might consider talking with someone about your anger. That is a pretty intense overreaction (forcing someone to pull over).
    Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor. ~ Samuel Coleridge

Yeah, I agree with most of the above. If you want to carry you need an iron grip on your reactions. When much younger I had a pretty hot temper but my trick was learning to put things into true perspective.

I've held on to people as they died, faced that door myself in a few near misses and seen enough of this world to begin to understand the real hierarchy of things. People often laugh but a few get it when something happens that would set some folks off and I say "Well, if that's the worst thing that happens this month, shoot, this'll be one good month!" I don't mean that as a joke, I really mean it. Try it yourself. Before reacting to something stack it up against all the horrors that can be seen in this world and see if it's really worth reacting to and if worth reacting to, to what extent the reaction really should be.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links