270 pounds to 158....made my goal and then some!

This is a discussion on 270 pounds to 158....made my goal and then some! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I was shooting for 160 pounds and as of today, I weigh 158 pounds. I was going to try to level off at 160 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 270 pounds to 158....made my goal and then some!

270 pounds to 158....made my goal and then some!

Well, I was shooting for 160 pounds and as of today, I weigh 158 pounds. I was going to try to level off at 160 but as I still have some fat around my gut area I am going to try to lose that too.

I also have become quite interested in weight lifting and have been doing that for several months now and am having some success with it and I am only using 20 pound dumbbells. I am buying some heavier dumbbells in the next week or so and am planning on getting a weight bench too.

I have joined a weight lifting forum and have learned a lot. It has a board that is almost identical to here and is very easy to use. Any one who is interested in losing weight and building muscle would be well to check this site out. You can find it at this link. http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/index.php

I post under the screen name Tennessee_G23 which I am sure all of you get but most of them do not.

I wanted to post a few pictures of my progress to show what I have done here. I really hope none of you mind seeing me with my shirt off and I know this isn't a fitness website but, the few threads I have posted on my weight loss and fitness transformation have really taken off and I got lots of people telling me that I helped motivate them. Well, I think this might help too.

Also, since I am in so much better shape, as you will see, I am now much more able to protect my family and myself than I was when I was fat. I have more energy, I am more agile, I have more stamina and I know I could handle myself in a fight, either gun or fist, much better now. I also am much more alert than I was when I was heavy. Something I had not expected. I sleep better and I feel all around better.

Here are the pics...

August of 2006. I had been working out for 4 months and already lost 40 pounds at this point. This was not the fattest I had been.....

November of 2006

January of 2007

5th of March 2007

That's what can be done in under a year if you really set your mind to it and really work hard. I work out for about 3 hours every night. I realize that is a bit much for most people but I really went all out with it. And I am not done yet by a long shot. I still have lots of fat to loose and lots and lots of muscle to build.

Please don't look at the condition of the house in the background. We have 5 kids and each of them have friends who come over every day it seems. Our house is almost never quiet or tidy. I hate that but, it is better to be a good and attentive parent than a neat freak.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Congrats on getting healthy and kudos. Weight isnt a real issue for me but i do need to change some other personal habits lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Congrats man. Weight isn't my issue, it's the cardio part. haven't had time to get on the bike lately.

Congratulations! I know your lengthy posts and ideas have motivated many here to join you in your new lifestyle! You look much healthier and happier too!

! Way to go !... I've been doing the same.

Dude, your my hero ! My other half just got me started with her on fitness. She gets to exercise in a pool near her work 4 times a week.
    I read your last thread on your weight loss and exercise regiment, which got me all excited. Lord knows I need to do something.
    I'm a pretty big fella, dr.cmg knows this. I just need to keep it up and ACT on it. Its tough since my work schedule is 11 1/2 to 13 hours a day, 5 days a week.
    Thanks for the link.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Lead Moderator
    The last 5 pounds was the 'stash!!

Congrats!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Impressive! I started working out and dieting when I read your first post.

Maybe next year at this time, I can post some success pictures.

Congratulations.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Senior Moderator
    Wow... you look 20 years younger and MUCH better without that mustache.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Wow... you look 20 years younger and MUCH better without that mustache.

Congratulations!

^^^what she said^^^^^
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Amazing progress man.

VIP Member
    I disagree with the lose of the FuManChu...grow it back.....it's good to scare the kids with!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I quit smoking 18 months ago and have really packed on the tonnage. Your post provides a great deal of encouragement. Discipline is my biggest failure. On behalf of all medium and extra large porkers out there, thanks for having the courage to show your stuff and confirm to us all that it can be done!! Keep it up and Stay Safe Brother!
    God Bless the USA

VIP Member
    Hey, Mike, now that you are so buff, you really do need to move back down to the Mobile area. Not many beaches in Western Tennessee.

Man you are looking great. Exercise is adictive isn't it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    Dude, your my hero ! My other half just got me started with her on fitness. She gets to exercise in a pool near her work 4 times a week.
    I read your last thread on your weight loss and exercise regiment, which got me all excited. Lord knows I need to do something.
    I'm a pretty big fella, dr.cmg knows this. I just need to keep it up and ACT on it. Its tough since my work schedule is 11 1/2 to 13 hours a day, 5 days a week.
    Thanks for the link.
    Arthur, if your work is consistent time wise you can find 30 to 45 minutes the same time every day to exercise.
    You are a big man, but I'm sure that you feel the need to exercise after the long leg problem.

When I get into a fixed schedule in the summer months I can really get back into exercise and get addicted to it. Then when school starts back and my schedule varies daily I have to back off. I start to pick up a few pounds then. Hopefully this summer I can take off about 15 lbs and next fall try to schedule some exercise I can do on a break at work and then at the same time when home.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links