What my dream taught me... - Page 2

What my dream taught me...

This is a discussion on What my dream taught me... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of the things I miss when I was on antidepressants (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, not tricyclic antidepressants) was that my dreams were in technicolor, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What my dream taught me...

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    One of the things I miss when I was on antidepressants (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, not tricyclic antidepressants) was that my dreams were in technicolor, with very involved plots and subplots. It was better than going to the movies. But, I I haven't been on them for years.
    As far as choice of handguns, I certainly can appreciate your choice of the Kimber, I love my XD 45. It's hard to beat a 12+1 capacity in 45 ACP. And I keep 2 extra mags in my Sig Tac vest. Better for Zombie killing!

Senior Moderator
    I've had TONS of Zombie dreams, but so far, in every single one of my zombie dreams my subconscious has never supplied me with a weapon... stinkin' brain!... Although I have spent a lot of dreams running zombie's over with cars (it's a weapon of sorts..lol).

VIP Member
    My wife has interesting (i.e. weird) dreams and tells me about them. If I even know that I have dreamed it is unusual. Except when I am sick I don't remember dreaming and even them only very rarely do I remember anything about them. Five or six weeks ago I remembered having a dream and what it was about and I was not under the weather. This is the first one in recent memory.

I don't miss them. The mind does work on problem when asleep though. More than once I have gone to sleep trying to figure out something only to wake in the morning with the solution.

Anyway, you folks keep killing zombies and I'll keep listening to my wife's dreams.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post

I don't miss them. The mind does work on problem when asleep though. More than once I have gone to sleep trying to figure out something only to wake in the morning with the solution.

Anyway, you folks keep killing zombies and I'll keep listening to my wife's dreams.
    Killing Zombies must be more fun than my dreams when I was a young CPA doing taxes, and had dreams of slaying the large fire breathing dragon of the internal revenue code.

Zombies=Fun

Tax Code=Sad

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    LOL! I too have had the occasional dream where I spent the whole night working on something from my job.

I have learned to iduce my own dreams. If I am stressed out and feel like the world is about to run over me, I will lie down in bed and think about being out bird hunting with my dogs as I drift off to sleep. I even choose where. Sometimes I am in North Dakota, sometimes the mountains, sometimes camping out and hunting the praries somewhere. It helps me fall asleep. The dreams seem to occur only right after I go to sleep, not throughout the whole night, but I still usually wake up in a better mood.

I used to have Marine dreams after watching war movies. They were always "not good" if you know what I mean. I haven't had one in a long time though and I'm glad.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Once my wife dreamed that I was having an affair. She was actually mad at me for a solid week. Wouldn't even talk to me for the whole first day.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

It must be a female thing to have weird dreams centering around being in gun fights. My wife has them too.

Let me tell you, you just ain't lived 'till you are blasted awake by your wife yelling at the top of her lungs "Get down! Get Down! He's shooting at you!" at 3am. Good grief.....that will spark you into complete and total alertness no matter how deeply asleep you were.

Glad to know she isn't the only one that does this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    Glad to know she isn't the only one that does this.
    Your not the only one...

I guess this means I can stop worrying about Lima.

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Your not the only one...

I guess this means I can stop worrying about Lima.
    I think I'd still worry a little. (just kidding)
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I had a dream once where i was having a fistfight... woke up trying to strangle and kick my wife. She was fending me off with a pillow. Only time that's ever happened and I was under a lot of stress at work, it was just a few days after 9/11.

My wife has had the dream that she's caught me cheating several times. The first few times shge was mad at me, too.

Not sure why she has the dreams. I've sworn two oaths in my adult life, one to the US Constitution and one to her... and I plan on keeping both.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Senior Moderator
    I woke up one day and my husband was VERY mad at me. He wasn't speaking to me and he was avoiding me like the plague when he usually is all cuddly and stuff. I asked him what was wrong and he said I hit him.

Apparently I slapped him in my sleep and he thought I was awake and so he was really ticked at me (we were newly weds and not really used to each others sleeping weirdnesses yet). It took him awhile to realize that no only can I have conversations in my sleep but I can slap!

Sixto, you cursed me!! Last night I had a dream I was trying to shoot a BG and my gun was empty. That was the first one ever. I atribute it to you putting the idea in my subconscious!

VIP Member
    Don't feel bad, limatunes, I've kicked my husband and drooled all over his pillow while I was asleep.

It's been a while since I've had a gun dream. One memorable one was black-clad paratroopers coming in through the windows, and I had a shotgun that wouldn't cycle.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links