Kindergartner arrested!?!

This is a discussion on Kindergartner arrested!?! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why didn't the kindergarden call the parents? The parents should have come and busted her butt. This kid is too young to have a felony ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kindergartner arrested!?!

Why didn't the kindergarden call the parents? The parents should have come and busted her butt. This kid is too young to have a felony charge on her. Thats the problem now days with kids. they aren't corrected by their parents and they do what they please. Now days some parents don't put forth a good example for their kids

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Several years ago, while an assistant principal at a K-8 school, I had a new Kindergartner who kicked me, bit me, threw a chair at me (well, more shoved it--he was a Kindergartner, after all; calling the police never even entered my mind. I was trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (a PC[?] term for safe, humane, legal restraint), and I restrained him until he calmed down (sort of). Of course, that was in 1999. A lot has changed in education in just a short eight years...not all of it for the better.

There Is Always More To The Story...

I have seen very young children with 'weird' threatening parents. At some point, perhaps, using a police officer may the the correct thing to do. It is impossible to correctly define the situation...without being IN the situation...up front...'hands on'...

The media love to air this kind of story, and it is usually to 'sell' papers...or get you to watch their channel...

I have years of experience in schools...every incident is different...one size does not fit all!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    At some point, perhaps, using a police officer may the the correct thing to do. It is impossible to correctly define the situation...without being IN the situation...up front...'hands on'...I have years of experience in schools...every incident is different...one size does not fit all!
    Touche! You are correct, of course...and I've certainly seen some interesting student situations.... Maybe I'm fortunate I never felt the need to call law enforcement for the actions of a five-year old.

Parenting has become a part-time sport resulting in the stunting of the minds and morals of an entire generation, and that generation is now spawning their broods.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; April 13th, 2007 at 01:16 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    The really sad thing about this incident is that since she has demonstrated “violent tendency’s” she will probably be diagnosed with ADHD or some other “disease” and then drugged into submission rather than being given the discipline she really needs. Today’s schools (indoctrination centers) would much rather have classrooms full of spaced-out compliant zombies instead of normal rambunctious children acting like children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links