Opinions on Nashville TN?

This is a discussion on Opinions on Nashville TN? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well....so far I am just about as undecided as I was when I asked the question in the first place. This has been the all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Nashville TN?

Well....so far I am just about as undecided as I was when I asked the question in the first place.

This has been the all time winner of mixed responses for me.

Some like the town, others do not. a couple of people have told me of gang problems and others have not mentioned it.

I like the cost of housing in Murfreesboro but I hate the traffic I drove in while I was there. And honestly, I think that traffic would drive me out of my mind.

I REALLY liked the station I interviewed at and the people I would be working for and honestly I do not like where I work now nor am I overly fond of the people whom I work for now.

I don't know any better now if this would be a good thing in the long run or just trading one set of disappointments for another set.

Maybe I should think some more about it. Maybe I should consult my good friend Jack Daniels. He always makes me feel better.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

The Donelson/Hermitage area is nice, in fact the house right next door to me is for sale (neighborhood fireteam!)
    Closer you are to downtown Nashville, the worse it gets.
    Murfressboro is growing too quickly for their infrastructure. Their crime/traffic rates are growing along with their population.

Check out Springhill (South) or Mt Juliet (east) for some better areas that doesn't have too bad traffic, except for the AM drive into town
    As far as the gangs go, we have about the same as most towns our size. MS13, Kurdish boys, Latin pride, brown pride, etc. The mostly take on each other.
    There's also Joelton in the northeast part of Davidson/Cheatam(sp) county.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    I like the cost of housing in Murfreesboro but I hate the traffic I drove in while I was there. And honestly, I think that traffic would drive me out of my mind.
    Ones does get used to it, sort of....

Seriously, do look into Rutherford, Sumner, or Wilson Counties; they really are great places to live.

VIP Member
    I use to live in the Donelson area. Very nice area. More middle class I guess. Brentwood is expensive. Lavergne is kinda out of the way and is industrial as you said. Old Hickory is nice and I'd say middle class, but to me is kinda out of the way and not real convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by SigP239
    Well....so far I am just about as undecided as I was when I asked the question in the first place.

This has been the all time winner of mixed responses for me.
    Well it is the mother of all YMMV questions. Nobody really knows what you want in a neighborhood except you and everyone's opinions are based on personal preferences that don't always translate well.
    I lived in a lot of places, among them London, Zurich, Tel Aviv, and I think Nashville is the best place of all of them.
    It was slummy downtown but a lot has changed in just the past five years, Broadway is no longer an embarrassing mess, the Gulch is all new, lots of areas have been scraped and flipped.
    To me Nashville isn't a city, it's a big town. Everyone seems connected in some way, at least in my circles.
    But the reasons I like it here don't mean squat to the next guy, and the fact that I wouldn't like living outside Davidson county shouldn't mean anything either. I appreciate that you wanted our opinions on Nashville, but I didn't expect anything that any of us said to influence you too much. It's all your decision at the end of the day.

Good luck with it all the way, even if you stay put.

You are 100% right .02.

In the end it is up to me and my family. And, so far I am still undecided and loosing sleep over this decision.

I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe I won't even get the job offer. Who knows?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Did ya' decide to come live here in Middle Tn?
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links