Visiting Alamosa, Colorado

This is a discussion on Visiting Alamosa, Colorado within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey, I will be visiting the Alamosa, area during June and July, I am looking for a good place to park a fifth wheel trailer ...

Thread: Visiting Alamosa, Colorado

Visiting Alamosa, Colorado

Hey, I will be visiting the Alamosa, area during June and July, I am looking for a good place to park a fifth wheel trailer - I get to live in it while I do a volunteer summer job.

Anyone from that area know of a CHEAP or free location??

MR D

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Haven't been there, but spent some time in Monte Vista with isn't too far away. I love southern Colorado. Enjoy your trip.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    do you need hook ups? If not, walmart often allows people to do this in their outer lots.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Alamosa KOA 6900 Juniper Ln
    Alamosa, CO 81101
    Tel: (800) 562-9157
    God Bless the USA

Thanks - my parents live just outside of San Luis - I will be volunteering for a Governmental body based out of Alamosa, and the drive to all of their locations is too far...

so I get to borrow my Dad and Mom's fifth wheel...

having a net income of $0 and this being a volunteer position - I am looking for the least expensive way

(I am a 40+ F/T student)

yci
    Might be worth checking with any local National Forest office. It used to be one could dry camp in the forest for around two weeks I think (any longer in one space was considered squatting). It's been several years since I've had the chance to do that, but then the Hayman fire a few years ago may have changed things up a bit for camping in undevloped campgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    so I get to borrow my Dad and Mom's fifth wheel...
    (I am a 40+ F/T student)
    Hmmm. 40 years old and borrowing from Mom & Dad. I hear that they are hiring TODAY at Burger King in Alamosa.
    God Bless the USA

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Hmmm. 40 years old and borrowing from Mom & Dad. I hear that they are hiring TODAY at Burger King in Alamosa.
    Not a thing wrong with borrowing from mom and dad IMHO . The kids borrow from us , We borrow from our folks . Why duplicate expensive items that are not needed all the time . Also as to the 40 year old student , Who is to say that he did not get laid off , change careers , ect that requires training . I would prefer to get that out of the way as fast as possible myself .

To the OP Sorry , its not my area of Colorado , If you were in the southeast i could hook ya up , but not really over there .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

yeah, major down size, just went through all of my retirement too

I actually worked the last few years driving school bus and working multiple part time jobs, because a lot of our formerly stable employers in teh area decided Mexico and China were better places to invest their employment opportunities...

I did win a a civil rights complaint against one local employer age discrimination... Kids have all settled in the area and wife did not want to uproot after having moved many times while in teh military...

I went back to school - finished my under grad in 2005 with a 3.96 GPA

Got accepted to Law school in 2006, I am finishing my first year and a Judge in CO has offered to let me clerk for him, but he has no budget, and it is the only way I can afford to go west and visit my folks (last 5 years have been hard)...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well good luck on your endever , i wish i could offer assistance but unfortunately as stated it isnt my area of colorado .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

no problem - I figured I would check here on the outside chance that if I was gonna pay someone to park at a campground, perhaps I could pay a member here enough to make it more affordable for me, and help their addiction for ammo or an addition to the collection...

oh and Dad is using my M1 carbine in his cruiser... don't believe me ask him if he ever pulls you over, you'll know its him cuz he's the only old guy with an M1 carbine in the rack....

seems his SO can't afford carbines for the guys, and didn't or wouldn't fill out the paper work to get them from the Feds...

Links