Camping pictures - Page 2

Camping pictures

This is a discussion on Camping pictures within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; oh yeah, I see you pump right from the lake. Check out this thing. It's the best investment we've made. Fill it with lake water ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    oh yeah, I see you pump right from the lake.

Check out this thing. It's the best investment we've made. Fill it with lake water and pump out of it in a more comfortable spot. It holds 10 liters of water.

www.ems.com has it. It's called the sea to summit kitchen sink.

That pup needs some love. He doesn't look like he gets enough!LOL
    Great pictures. I'm jealous. I love the outdoors.
    tk

Thanks for posting the pics!

I haven't been out tent camping since last November. We usually do a winter camp when the snow falls down in the Hocking Hills area of OH, but didn't get the 0 degree mummy bag out this year.

I think my buddy is growing soft 'cause he's pulled the pop-up camper out for our last few camping trips - we usually just put up a few hammocks and bury down into our mummy bags when the snow starts to fly.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    You filter and treat your water? IIRC the filter removes everything that can make you sick. I don't know if the iodine tabs help with giardia (beaver fever) or not. I've never used them.
    The filter removes giardia, cryptosporidium and salmonella down to .3 microns. The iodine only kills giardia and bacteria, but it'll catch what the filter misses - and at that particular lake, it's better safe than sorry.

darkvibe,
    I really like that portable sink - looks good for washing off with, too. Right now I pack baby wipes.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Never can be too careful using unknown water. I try not to use local water unless
    1. it's from running water(stream, river ,ect.
    2. I use a purifier
    3. i know the water is fairly safe.
    We ran into a potential problem a few years ago. a few of our kayak companions brought a purifier & little water, but did not know about the DNR putting lampricide in the water. (sea lampreys are eel looking fish killers). Luckily enough of us brought spare water no one had to risk drinking potentially posioned water.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator

Question Oh....Was That A Dog In The First Pic ?

Oh...OK that's Tanner!

I thought it was a feral piglet that you were getting ready to roast there for a minute.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Oh...OK that's Tanner!

I thought it was a feral piglet that you were getting ready to roast there for a minute.

LOL, QK. What is really funny is that Leah and I talk about our Bassett / Terrier mix looking like a potbellied pig. He and Tanner have some real similarities.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator

dr_cmg

"He and Tanner have some real similarities."

They really do.

Heck...I'm a dog lover. I love them all as long as they are not growling at me & looking at me like I am their next meal.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "He and Tanner have some real similarities."

They really do.

Heck...I'm a dog lover. I love them all as long as they are not growling at me & looking at me like I am their next meal.
    There are some dissimilarities too. Bing weighs in at about 55 lbs. He is about 30 inches from front to rear (nose to rear not including tail). At the top of his head when looking forward he is about 22 inches tall and the measures 31 inches around the chest behind his front legs. He is as stong as an ox. He is about 15 lbs lighter than our yellow Lab, but stronger and more compact. Of the two I would rather tangle with the Lab.

Bing has a mouth full of teeth.

When he yawns he looks like a Reach toothbrush commercial with Mr. Reach and the flip-top head.

Or maybe the great white you put in Bumper's pool. I don't want him biting me.

Betty, I apologize for QKShooter and my hijacking of your thread. Tanner gets me started on my Bing and I can't help myself. Tanner is a good looking dog and obviously is very good for you. I'm very glad that she has great parents who will take good care of her.
    Last edited by dr_cmg; April 24th, 2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Add apology
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Yes, George he looks mighty compact and powerful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Betty...........Two very nice working knives.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

lean it up against a rock or something
    Too funny.

Love the pics - the new pooch looks kind of whipped - must have been a fun day for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    darkvibe,
    I really like that portable sink - looks good for washing off with, too. Right now I pack baby wipes.
    That might work well too. We usually just soap up the dishes with camp soap and rinse them with water out of a water bottle with a squirt top (bicycle water bottle) that's been purified with the pump.

Once you use it to pump water out of sitting in a camp chair you'll never want to sit on the shore and pump again.

P.S. I buy lightweight gear for trekking in. I probably spent $800 to shed as much weight as your knife weighs! :)

Lead Moderator
    Light weight gear is great. I usually don't bring a tent on light hikes , to save weight.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

That pup is too adorable.

I'd trust a purifier and no tablets with my life. When I went to Manitou Island a few years back I had no problems drinking purified-only lake michigan water(though now rocky's comment about the lampracyde has my thinking).

As far as weight goes I'm not overly concerned. I'd wrather go for compactness. As an example, I prefer a bedroll over one of those fancy pants lightweight sleeping bags.

VIP Member
    George,
    Your Bing does look like a big, stocky version of my Tanner. It's thoose crazy radar ears.

Tanner sometimes growls at strange men, and her hackles will go up. For being a 20 pounder, she's got a BIG, deep dog growl... which is fine with me.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links