Bumper stickers?

Bumper stickers?

This is a discussion on Bumper stickers? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I came across the article today about political profiling. Do LEO's realy worry about someone with an" NRA "or "DRIVER ONLY CARRIES 20.00 WORTH OF ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumper stickers?

Bumper stickers?

I came across the article today about political profiling. Do LEO's realy worry about someone with an" NRA "or "DRIVER ONLY CARRIES 20.00 WORTH OF AMMO" sticker on their car?
    How many of us put pro gun bumper stickers on thier cars?
    I have a Navy sticker on my truck, but nothing to indicate I carry or that shows my love of guns. I had been thinking of getting some kind of 2nd amendment sticker which is how I found this site.
    http://www.2ampd.net/Articles/Horn/P...0Profiling.htm

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I have an NRA sticker in the back window of my truck, to the left of the Browning Buck that is in the center of the back window.

Assistant Administrator
    Used to - and rifle racks ... these days no, just AMA (aeromodeller's association).

I guess it's mostly to not be 'advertizing'' I am a gunny, and so discretion seems wise altho I wish it were not necessary.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I stay under the radar as much as possible. No advertising on my truck these days....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I don't know about what leo's think, but I've chosen not to advertise mostly out of concern that the neighborhood unfriendlies might conclude that if they wanted to steal a gun or 12, that houses with NRA stickers in the driveway might be the place to start burglurizing.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    I have this one on the back window of my truck:

(I've been asked.....'Where's that at?' & my favorite was one woman who thought in allowed me to ride in the HOV lanes!
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I've recently had a change of heart on this matter. I used to believe that advertising firearms ownership on your vehicle was probably a bad thing. It's a personal decision.

I have an NRA members logo on the inside of a tinted back window, and a small black 'molon labe' on the bumper.

Most people never notice the NRA sticker... several people have asked me about the 'molon labe' phrase. I'm more than happy to answer the questions :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    There was a case take to a State Supreme Court about a stop made because the cops thought an NRA sticker was enough probable cause to stop a pick up truck driven by a known criminal under the suspicion that he had an illegal gun. Even though the guy was indeed dirty, the case was thrown out of court and the BG released.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Found it!

NRA STICKER WASNíT ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY AUTO SEARCH
    A three-judge panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that a
    National Rifle Association sticker on a pickup truck was not enough justification
    to warrant a police search of the vehicle for a gun.
    In a 2-1 decision, the Court found that police in a Dallas suburb did not
    have probable cause when they searched the truck of JEFFREY L. ESTEP in turned up
    a pistol shut in a case.
    Estep sued three Garland, Texas police officers over the
    March 29, 1993 search and his subsequent arrest. He had been
    initially stopped for speeding, according to the court record.
    The vehicle also contained a camouflage jacket, according to the court. Estep
    heard one of the officers tell another officer that he suspected a weapon had been
    present because of the NRA sticker.
    The panel’s majority wrote, “If the presence of an NRA sticker and camouflage
    gear in a vehicle could be used by an officer to conclude he was in danger, half
    the pickups in the state of Texas would be subject to a vehicle search.”
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

i have 3 bumper stickers on my van: a TOOL sticker, a bob marley sticker, and a disney sticker.

I have an NRA sticker and a Pheasants Forever sticker on my back window. I wear an NRA hat all the time. I have never had a problem. I have had numerous people say they like my hat however. If someone comments on my stickers I use it as an opportunity to influence and perhaps get a new student for my CC class. It has just never been something I worry about.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Why advertise that you like guns. It could get your car or truck broken into. Its better to keep it under wraps.

I have a Nashville Rollergirls bumpersticker, that's all.

No need to put a gun sticker on there, I have a TN tag so it's pretty obvious I have a gun isn't it?

Seriously though, I do not advertise anything worth stealing. It would be like putting a 'We have expensive jewelry' sticker on the house.

I have a US Army Retired decal in my back window. I suppose that says I did and probably still do have something to do with guns!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Glad I read this one. My NRA sticker and the little guy peeing on the words 'Gun Control' might give me away.

Next time I go down to the college I'll get some peace signs and stop the war stickers and maybe some of those vegitarian ones too. I guess I should avoid impeach Bush, that might be too radical, but they are popular on campus. Oh, I should probably take the Semper Fi sticker off too. That migt make them think I've had military training or something.(you know, trained killer and all)

Then I'll be flyin' under the radar.
    Last edited by sgtD; April 23rd, 2007 at 07:56 PM.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links