VA Purchase question for you VA FFL's

This is a discussion on VA Purchase question for you VA FFL's within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm looking into making a new firearm purchase here shortly(actually my Trust is - NFA item) although I just realized I may have myself in ...

Thread: VA Purchase question for you VA FFL's

VA Purchase question for you VA FFL's

I'm looking into making a new firearm purchase here shortly(actually my Trust is - NFA item) although I just realized I may have myself in a bind. I know I need a primary and secondary form of ID and primary being a gov issued photo id. Problem is that after I moved I haven't updated my DL with my new address which means the address on my DL(primary form of id) differs from my other secondary forms of addresses (leases, bills, hunting/fishing licenses, etc...). So...does this mean I can't purchase from a dealer in VA now until I get my DL updated with my new address (which if I remember right also mean any VA dealer couldn't sell to me 30 days after the new issued DL)? Basically does this mean I'm screwed and going to end up having to wait another month or more?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Doesn't VA issue a change of address card, rather than re-issuing a DL? I do believe you carry the card along with your ID, and both together are your "updated" ID. That doesn't change the issue date of your DL, merely updates the address on it.

Well, I checked with the gunshop on my way home...no go. All the information has to be the same...makes sense..just wasn't sure. Anyway, I was able to check with the VA DMV online - it looks like I did ask them to change the address (because thye have my new address...but they never issued me the changed card...or I never got it). At any rate I'll just stop in the DMV on my way into work tomorrow and straighten it out.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links