Outlaw The Military (a parody)

This is a discussion on Outlaw The Military (a parody) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In reflecting on the Gun Banners arguments, I came up with an idea that might not be orginal but interesting. Since many wars are fought ...

Thread: Outlaw The Military (a parody)

Outlaw The Military (a parody)

In reflecting on the Gun Banners arguments, I came up with an idea that might not be orginal but interesting.

Since many wars are fought by militarys and militias they should be outlawed. If countries would do away with these orgainzations, there would be no more deaths and governments would not be over-thrown.

The US should be the first to throw down its arms and look to the UN to provide protection. Other nations will follow and soon we will have peace in the world. Why should a country defend itself when it will not allow its own people to defend themselves. That is what the police and the UN are for. It is better for the US to hunker down when attacked, comply with demands and wait for the UN to respond and save us.

Now, do I beleve the dribble I just typed. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

If militaries are outlawed, only outlaw countries will have a military. And I know darn well who will be attacked, those without them.

God gave many animals the ability to defend themselves, some from sheer size, speed, or other abilities such as skunks and porcipines. Why should we mere humans not also be allowed to defend ourselves with the same weapons that we might be threatened with.

Our forefathers saw the need not only in defending ourselves from the bad guys but from governments that no longer represent the people. Violence in not the frist response but should always be an option when all other avenues fail.

Just a little bit for thought.

2. Remove Ads

The world is like many children. The weak get picked on and you leave the strong alone. Sad but true fact of life. I will be one of the strong, armed with weapons like the skunk or porcipine. As an after thought would you consider the skunk the origin of chemical warfare?
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Since many wars are fought by militarys and militias they should be outlawed. If countries would do away with these orgainzations, there would be no more deaths and governments would not be over-thrown.

The US should be the first to throw down its arms and look to the UN to provide protection. Other nations will follow and soon we will have peace in the world. Why should a country defend itself when it will not allow its own people to defend themselves. That is what the police and the UN are for. It is better for the US to hunker down when attacked, comply with demands and wait for the UN to respond and save us.
    The sad truth is that a lot of people actually believe this sort of drivel.
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    many wars are fought by militarys and militias
    Only many?

I want to go up against the country where wars are fought by book-of-the-month clubs.

Links