Yuckkk

Yuckkk

This is a discussion on Yuckkk within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One the heels of that post about a guy getting minced up into sausage, this just seemed to disturbing. ~A Fingertip Found in Wendy's Chili ...

Thread: Yuckkk

Yuckkk

One the heels of that post about a guy getting minced up into sausage, this just seemed to disturbing.

~A

Fingertip Found in Wendy's Chili at Calif. Franchise

By Brian Skoloff
    Associated Press
    Thursday, March 24, 2005; 10:39 PM

A woman said she bit into a partial finger served in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's restaurant, leading authorities to a fingerprint database Thursday to determine who lost the digit.

The incident Tuesday night at a San Jose, Calif., Wendy's restaurant left the unidentified customer ill and distraught, said Joy Alexiou, a spokeswoman for the Santa Clara County Health Department.

Employees at the Wendy's were checked and the fingertip didn't come from any of them, officials said, adding that the well-cooked finger may have come from a food processing plant that supplies the company.

Denny Lynch, a spokesman for Wendy's International Inc., based in Dublin, Ohio, said there have been no reports to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of injuries at any supplier of chili ingredients to Wendy's.

"All of our chili suppliers report no accidents," he said.

Health officials said the fingertip was approximately 1 1/2 inches long. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail.

Investigators seized the remaining chili and closed the restaurant for a few hours.

Alexiou said the woman, who asked officials not to identify her, is at minimal risk of contracting illnesses from the finger because the chili was cooked.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Assistant Administrator
    Oh Yuk!!!

Maybe - some lady flipped a bird too many!

Let's hope they can 'finger' (or 'nail') the perp
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

"Honey, does this taste funny to you?"

EEEEWWWWAAAA!!
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

DC Founder
    So what had to have happened here is that someone lost a finger at the packing house or processing plant, they looked for the missing finger after the accident and figured what the hell it's all ground up, nobody will ever know. It's not like you wouldn't know about it when you cut a finger off and in a packing house I would think they would have looked until they found it.

I used to work for a meat company and we had a guy that actually got an arm yanked off inside a big machine that cut up large slabs of meat into small chili/stew meat sized pieces. The USDA inspector was right there to tag every container of meat in the immediate area, which was sent to a rendering plant for disposal. Obviously someone didn't report this accident to the inspector's.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Talking

Hmmm! Maybe that's what became of Jimmy Hoffa...when's the last time you had a hot steamin bowl of Wolf brand Chili....well that's too long.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Don't be fooled by body parts. For quite a long time I thought Betty was built upside down.

After all, her nose ran and her feet smelled.

Boy, this new kevlar is light-weight...(hope it works)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    Don't be fooled by body parts. For quite a long time I thought Betty was built upside down.

After all, her nose ran and her feet smelled.

Boy, this new kevlar is light-weight...(hope it works)

Think I'd practice sleeping with one eye open too....LOL!

Links