Laptop and projector help

This is a discussion on Laptop and projector help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sorry to go so far off topic, but my wife heads out tomorrow for a presentation and we are trying to figure out how to ...

Thread: Laptop and projector help

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Sorry to go so far off topic, but my wife heads out tomorrow for a presentation and we are trying to figure out how to get the projector to display. We have found how to toggle between, laptop only, laptop and projector, and projector only, it shows "Presentation Mode OFF.

So how do you toggle between ON and OFF for the Presentation Mode.

This is on a Dell laptop with Windows XP and hooked up to INFOCUS LP400

Any help would be appreciated, their website show it to be pretty much plug and play, but It looks like we just need to get the mode switched.

Thanks
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

On some of newer laptops the projector is seen as a secondary desktop. When you're toggling between the different modes are you using the keyboard or are you doing it in the display software?

Try right mouse clicking on a open area of desktop and click on properties. From there go to the Settings tab (all with the projector plugged in and on) and see if you now have a second monitor showing up.

Let me know
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

This is Mike's wife...

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    On some of newer laptops the projector is seen as a secondary desktop. When you're toggling between the different modes are you using the keyboard or are you doing it in the display software?

Try right mouse clicking on a open area of desktop and click on properties. From there go to the Settings tab (all with the projector plugged in and on) and see if you now have a second monitor showing up.

Let me know
    You ROCK!!!! I cannot possibly thank you enough. I/we went to the InFocus website and everything. Now, can you possibly transform 5 hours of practice into a cram session for me too? Again, I can't thank you enough, thank you-thank you-thank you!!!
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

I just hope you never have any warranty issues with your projector, Infocus really is the pits in that department, N I speak from personal experience there.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Thanks again guys, That was a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    I just hope you never have any warranty issues with your projector, Infocus really is the pits in that department, N I speak from personal experience there.

Luckley that won't be an issue for her, It's a company projector that she got from another reagon just for today's training session.

Now we know if we do need one, where not to go.

Not a problem. Glad I could help
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Links