New toys with Tax return monies

This is a discussion on New toys with Tax return monies within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I started the process for a new set of toys with money I budgeted from my tax return. I took possession of a little ...

Thread: New toys with Tax return monies

So I started the process for a new set of toys with money I budgeted from my tax return. I took possession of a little WaltherP22 already threaded. I put in the paperwork for the transer of a gemtech outback II suppressor too. I'm going the Trust route so hopefully it should only be a little more than a month or so. I'll let everyone know if/when the tax stamp comes back. I figured it might be nice if anyone else is looking into picking up a suppressor to keep a running tab on how long it takes mine. I'll post with pics if/when I take possession (assuming I dotted all my I's and crossed all my T's correctly in the Trust and the forms).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    The P-22 in nice, just use the best copper plated ammo you can get to reduce lead shaving when cambering.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    The P-22 in nice, just use the best copper plated ammo you can get to reduce lead shaving when cambering.
    Thanks for the heads up.. Planning on running some various ammo's through it tomorrow to see what it likes and/or doesn't like.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2000+ rounds through my P22, after researching on RimfireCentral.com I have only ever used CCI ammo.
    It always fires, never misfeeds.
    I use CCI minimag and stingers, not sure if I am voiding the warranty with the stingers, I think so but don't care.

Administrator
    I shoot a lot of rimfire, I like CCI the best too. Green tags for paper and minimags for hunting.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    You'll probably want to test a few different low velocity rounds out of it once you get the can. From what I've read, in that short barrel you shouldn't have rounds going supersonic, but if you do, switching to a subsonic round should quiet it down immensely. I envy you; I'd love to be able to have something like that to plink in the backyard without ear protection, and without ticking off the neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    You'll probably want to test a few different low velocity rounds out of it once you get the can. From what I've read, in that short barrel you shouldn't have rounds going supersonic, but if you do, switching to a subsonic round should quiet it down immensely. I envy you; I'd love to be able to have something like that to plink in the backyard without ear protection, and without ticking off the neighbors!
    Actually it's not a bad deal...You could envy yourself. I thought the process etc... looked daunting before I got started...but once I got workin on it it was easy. You can always find places that have good deals every now and then...like Impactguns (www.impactguns.com). Check their nfa section... Yesterday I saw a p22 with gemtech deal for like $470 (all included - except the tax stamp of course). Or you could always just get the suppressor for like $200 if you already have a weapon and just get your barrel threaded to match the threads.

Granted this is all assuming you're not in a state that doesn't allow them...If that's the case....sorry - Move to VA
    lol just saw that you're in VA...Good deal!
    Last edited by packinnova; April 30th, 2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: clueless

-The Mist (2007)

Talking Update

Well, it's time to give you folks an update I suppose. I just got the call from the Gun Shop and they said the paperwork from ATF came back good so I can go pick up my new suppressor at my convenience....

Talk about good time. I started it back on...april 27th I believe...It's approved and in hand at the gunshop today (may 23rd). So that's a little less than a month. Do yourselves a favor and go the trust route for NFA items...very fast. I'll post pics after I pick it up tomorrow.

-The Mist (2007)

What is this tax "Return" you speak of?
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

I got an AR with my tax check.

Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    What is this tax "Return" you speak of?
    Lol sorry...one of the few joys I've discovered with home ownership. It offsets enough that I actually get a return now

-The Mist (2007)

Want a Bigger 'Return?'

Send me $4000 this week...I'll send you a $2000 'return' within 10 days...think what you could buy with that? (Same principle...)

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, no more problems with the guy down the road calling in "noise" violations...I love this thing. I picked up my Gemtech OutbackII today. So far I seem to be getting the best results out of the CCI standards and the CCI CBLongs. The Standards come out sounding like a BB gun. The CBlongs you literally almost dont hear. It really is that quiet. The only downside to the CB Longs is that they don't quite have enough ooph to cycle the slide so you have to manually cycle after each shot. The standards cycle fine though. But alas...if quiet is your main objective... go with the CCI CB Longs.

-The Mist (2007)

oooh pretty....
    Attached Images

-The Mist (2007)

Links