Absurd scenario

This is a discussion on Absurd scenario within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, lesse, I've only had two weird dreams involving guns. First one was shortly after getting my S&W Model 39 in the 70's. After a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absurd scenario

Well, lesse, I've only had two weird dreams involving guns.

First one was shortly after getting my S&W Model 39 in the 70's. After a weekend of blowing my budget on ammo and range fees, I had this dream of confronting one very big, mean lookin' SOB climbing through a window. Light him with a maglite and tell him not to move but he tries to come in anyhow, swearin' and cussin' how he's gonna kill me. Squeeze trigger and *click*. Flip the safety from FIRE to SAFE and *click*! ***? Flip the safety back to the FIRE position and... *Click* The big man has his foot caught on the roses outside and is stuck in the window while I run thru tap-rack-*click* It's a dream, so my dad walks in the front door, takes one look and blasts the guy out the window with his S&W Victory .38, which is when I woke up.

The other is a short one. Remote log style cabin, early winter, all alone. Hear a snuffling & scratching noise around the door. It goes away. I wait about five minutes, walk up with my .357 in hand and go to open the door "just a crack". The door is slammed open and I'm standing there 4" from the door facing a BIG bear standing on it's hind feet, bellowing and slavering. Me? I can feel my toes growing roots down through the flooring and my body is entirely rigid. I can't even scream. Usually I wake up just after that, needed a serious trip to the bathroom!
    BillCA in CA (Unfortunately)
    Webmaster - Taking on Gun Control
    http://dragon.hematite.com
    A gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I used to have those kinds of dreams too, but now they are more about me shooting the wrong guy, or my shot passing through the BG and hitting something it shouldnt.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I get the dreams about some wacko shooting up the dorm I work in, particularly while my wife is eating there.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

i saved chuck norris from godzilla and farah fawcett made me a chocolate peanut butter milkshake......

then, theres the one with the lawn gnomes armed with Jarts- lawndarts?

My worse dream was one I had while on duty as a paramedic/firefighter on a metro department.
    We had just finished a dinner of "Chief Maletta's Meatloaf" and where sitting down to watch TV. Upstairs they were watching the newest "Nightmare on Elm Street , so I decided to go down stairs where they were watching the same thing. Went up to the dispatch room and darn if they weren't watching the same. I sat down doing my needlework and kinda watching the movie. I retired to my quaters, which where across the building from the men's quaters and Chief's room.
    The part of the dream I remember was being in a hospital bed...unable to move or talk. The doctor told the nurse they would just have to wait to see if I would ever respond, then pulled the curtain shut.
    Over the curtain was a psychopath getting ready to attack. I kept trying to scream, but nothing came out...but I kept trying. I awoke to find the Chief and several firefighters in my room in boxers and t shirts. I guess I wasn't able to scream in my dream...but I sure did in real life. Scared the guys half to death as they thought somebody had gotten in and was attacking me.
    We all decided after that, no more scary movies for me at work. To this day I avoid them. Never could give up that meatloaf though. Meatloaf mixture rolled out with sour kraut spread on it and rolled up like a jelly roll and cooked. Hey...don't knock it unless you have tried it. Just don't watch scary movies after. LOL
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links