Something that bothered me

This is a discussion on Something that bothered me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm in line at the bank this afternoon, and I started watching the fella servicing the drive up ATM. He's in black BDU style pants, ...

Thread: Something that bothered me

Something that bothered me

I'm in line at the bank this afternoon, and I started watching the fella servicing the drive up ATM. He's in black BDU style pants, black combat boots, and a green muscle shirt. He also has a revolver, two speed loaders, mace, a baton and cuffs all on his duty belt. OK..the muscle shirt seem kind weird but it was around 87 degrees today so OK...security guard kind of out of uniform. Then he hops on a motorcycle...tosses on his helmet, no uniform shirt or jacket that I could see (no cover garment or any type of visible ID) and pulls off. He's got two boxes of something strapped on the seat of his bike.
    Now...I'm no criminal mastermind...but he was carrying in the wide open, I saw him futzing around with an ATM...had the door open..which means keys to the machine at the least, then he drives away on a motorcycle. E A S Y P I C K I N S should be his license plate number.
    One bump from a car to the back wheel...or a door opened really hard at a red light and he's out of the fight before it started.

WANTED: one dose of common sense...packaged in a dart for easy administration from a distance
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

2. Remove Ads

My guess would be that he does not have any ATM cash on him. The boxes were for tools and such.

His only moment where the money is at risk is when he has the ATM open (unless one would take his key, I suppose) but I'd rather have something with a bit more capacity if I were to set myself up as a target.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    My guess would be that he does not have any ATM cash on him. The boxes were for tools and such.

His only moment where the money is at risk is when he has the ATM open (unless one would take his key, I suppose) but I'd rather have something with a bit more capacity if I were to set myself up as a target.
    But still, the average thug doesn't have the intelligence to think that far in advance.

Personally, I would think the same thing. Guy is in an ATM, closes it, takes box(es) to a motorcycle and rids off. I would think that those boxes contained money as well. If I were a thug, I would either have a nice payday, or be sorely disappointed, or ventilated.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I seem to recall that accessing the cash reserves of an ATM requires an entirely seperate key or set of keys from the one used to mechanically service one... I may be wrong on this one. Personally, I think this fellow was most at risk when he was head and arms inside the machine, working on it.

Links