I'm having so much fun....

This is a discussion on I'm having so much fun.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, with it being lady's night tonight at the range I work at I decided to add a little femininity to the air. I brought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having so much fun....

Senior Moderator

I'm having so much fun....

So, with it being lady's night tonight at the range I work at I decided to add a little femininity to the air.

I brought up a bouquet of flowers and put them by the register and wore bluejeans with my pearls.

My manger (and every other guy that works with me) couldn't help but laugh.

Even the owner got a kick of me walking through a gun shop with a bouquet of flowers.

I wasn't going to leave them there because I said I would come back on Friday and they would be dead because I couldn't trust a bunch of men to water them.

The manger took them and put them by the main register and promised to water them..

I told him if he didn't there would be a pistol whipping.

Go figure.. the day I decide to bring up flowers to the range to appeal to the female customers we didn't have ONE SINGLE woman at the range tonight.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Nice gesture, none the less. Glad the new part time job is going well.

BTW- I water my plants once a month, whether they need it or not.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Maybe you need to advertise it to the women in your area. Is it a special deal for women on that night or are you just encouraging them to come? If it's a special deal then make it more special, like a 2 for 1 deal. Can men attend? If so make it so the guy pays and the woman gets in free...
    What am I saying, it's not your shop... yet.

So, when are you going to become trainer? You must be thinking bout it.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Maybe you need to advertise it to the women in your area. Is it a special deal for women on that night or are you just encouraging them to come? If it's a special deal then make it more special, like a 2 for 1 deal. Can men attend? If so make it so the guy pays and the woman gets in free...
    What am I saying, it's not your shop... yet.

So, when are you going to become trainer? You must be thinking bout it.
    Oh yeah I'm thinking about it. I think it would be GREAT to be an instructor.

It is a special deal. It's a dollar for women on Tuesday night. On Friday nights it's date night and if a guy brings a gal she shoots for free.

I used to go every Tuesday night because of the deal but now I work Tuesday nights. Now I have to find a new day to go but now I shoot for free!!!

You'll hear this a lot but IMO and based on how you say you interact with folk, you should definitely pursue training to become an instructor. Never enough female SD trainers out there, it would be quite a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    You'll hear this a lot but IMO and based on how you say you interact with folk, you should definitely pursue training to become an instructor. Never enough female SD trainers out there, it would be quite a niche.
    Gotta echo 0.02, here. Take the enthusiasm and attitude, couple it with the knowledge and communication skills -- you're a natural!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    +2 Lima!!! You've got the enthusiasm! Heck, even offering a "Women's Only" SD class might get quite a draw!!!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Go figure.. the day I decide to bring up flowers to the range to appeal to the female customers we didn't have ONE SINGLE woman at the range tonight.
    Ahhh, life's little ironies!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

When did you say you were opening your own shop? A free bouquet with every purchase? I'll take two!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    When did you say you were opening your own shop? A free bouquet with every purchase? I'll take two!
    Hey, that's not a bad idea...lol.

I'm learning a lot, mostly because I warned my manager I'm going to be asking him a TON of questions. Every new thing I see him doing I'm over there watching, asking questions.

Last night I learned about shotguns... how to put them together, the different parts, the difference between a smooth bore and a rifled shotgun and NEVER to put rifled shells in a rifled barrel.

I've never been that knowledgeable on shotguns so it was a good start.

My manger says he appreciates me because I have no ego and I'm not afraid to say, "I don't know. Teach me."

They have one NRA certified instructor working there who, while we were on our downtime, was teaching me about grip and working on my grip with me.

It's, in all honesty, the funnest job I've ever had!

you go girl !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Assistant Administrator
    lima - nothing you say surprises me - it is quite obvious you are as happy as all get out

Could be if you find time eventually and the cash - do a NRA course if you can find a councillor .... and get cert'd for basic pistol and RSO, at least. This will increase your cred' and then you can really concentrate on getting more ladies in.

All I see as I read your words on this - in fact most posts you make .. is a wide, wide grin!!! I am pleased for you.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    When are you quiting your first job? I have a friend in Blacksburg, VA who manages radio stations. A couple of years ago the Assistant Athletic Director at Virginia Tech told him he was a termite. Understand that my friend, Brian, is not big - he is HUGE. He is about 6'4" tall and can bearly walk through a normal interior door. As an anorexic he would weight 200 lbs., so calling him a termite seemed to be a rather strange thing. He asked the Ass't AD what was meant by the comment. The AD told him that he was already undermining the network that had the contract for VT's ballgames and that within a year Brian would own Blacksburg (meaning the radio part).

So I will say this in the kindest way possible. Limatunes, you are a termite. Your manager doesn't know it, but you will be running the place in 6 months. That's good. We need new ideas, new methods and new faces to help save our precious freedoms and women like you can provide that. Does your husband ever touch the ground? I figure he is so proud of you that this chest is expanded to the point where it generates a lift.

Keep up the good work.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I fully understand the termite analogy, but for me Lima is reminiscent of the young Henry Bowman in Unintended Consequences.
    A sponge for information and knowledge.

Senior Moderator
    dr, were it not for the money I would have quit my other job six months ago.

Unfortunately for me my first job pays twice and again what I make at the gun shop. I would have to work full time and then some to cut even on what I'm making at just my other part-time job. Also unfortunately for me, we NEED the money. If we didn't NEED the money I would say, "TO HELL" with my first job and work at the range.

With my first job and the range job we are making even more money and that is just added bonus. YEAH!!

And Chris, you are very right.. BIG grins when I post and dancing bananas .

Actually, yesterday I went on the NRAs website to see what would be required to become a certified instructor.

I was told work at the shop/range would probably eventually get boring and while it very well may, I don't see it happening any time soon.

The structure is so relaxed. As long as the counter is covered by at least one person I can clean guns, work on them, learn about them. I can go to the range and watch some of the shooters, I can help the shooters with their guns or with the rentals. I can go through boxes of ammo and learn about all the neat different types of ammo I didn't even know existed. I can talk to whoever I want and learn about what I want. I can go through the cases and feel and work the different new guns. I can go in the back and look at the different magazines and tools we have available and ask what they do. I can watch the special orders that come in and watch and learn as the resident experts put on new sights and change this and that, and fix problems and change our trigger assemblies and do bits of custom work.

Sometimes someone brings in a problematic gun and the more experienced guys make calls to manufacture reps about new products and/or problems and if I'm around they put the phone on speaker so I can hear everything that's being said so I can learn how to diagnose problems and potentially fix them. I work with a GREAT staff who, I think, gets a kick out of how curious and interested I am and are more than willing to feed my fire.

I can learn how guns I've never even SEEN before get taken apart and how they operate.

I get to test fire, clean, work on and break in new guns we get for range use.

I thought it was SOOO cool to play with one of those cut away models of the glock. I had always wanted to see how the insides worked and not only did I get to see but I got to PLAY WITH!!

When all else fails I can go and look at the assault rifles and take them apart and practice what I've been taught on them.

All in a day's work.

Gosh, I have the CHEESIEST grin on my face right now!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links