Has anyone seen TV series - Jericho?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen TV series - Jericho? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; well...this is WAY off topic... I don't normally watch a lot of TV (save the disc/history channels and a few good movies here and there), ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen TV series - Jericho?

well...this is WAY off topic... I don't normally watch a lot of TV (save the disc/history channels and a few good movies here and there), but I've been fortunate enough to be home early enough that I started watching a TV series over the last few weeks. Jericho(on the Communist Broadcast System(CBS))...I saw an episode tonight that I would have never thought they would have aired. I'm not going to explain the whole show, but if you've been watching the series and missed tonight...shame on you and go find the rerun. I'm not giving away the goods though.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I think that it is a very intertaining seriese. Makes one think of the what if's in life.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    Faithful fan here.... I am still surprised that some of the people (in the show, but I am guessing that would happen in RL) cannot understand the fact that you cannot deal with criminals and madmen and want to make deals.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I watch it as does the wife. When she asks why I keep buying more ammo I tell her its because of that show. ;)
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    love the show, i dvr'd it, so i have not seen tonights show. now thanks to you i will have to stay up late tonight and watch. thanks for the heads up.
    Curry

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Watch it every week. Fascinates me. There's a lot of "human interest story" stuff going on that sometimes makes me lose interest. But it always comes back to something good!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    It's kinda interesting that CBS has some very pro-gun shows from the Unit to Jerico, then they hire the Perky one for the news.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Been watching it since the first show. Great feeder for considering SHTF situations and what plans you should have in place.

Good Show

I buy the show in HD from the Xbox Live service. I haven't watched it in a while though, so I am probably several episodes behind.

I enjoy the show, but I find the characters to be frustrating at times.

I love this show. The wife and I never miss it.

VIP Member
    Is it me or every time you watch the show you have this urgent feel to get your black rifle out and order that geiger counter in Sportsmanguide? :haha"
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Interesting show with so many holes in the story line that I had to stop watching it. Way too many that will not work... and why didn't they just... Oh come on that is just plain stupid... looks like the script is written by unemployed soap opera writers.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Sheldon, I agree with you to a point. By the fourt episode I was about to send them packing: I think they have 2 sets of writers: one on the conspiracy/9-11/trilateral comission side and one in the Survival side. The show has turned more into the Survival side of things. So far the only one that knows what to do is Major (former) Green (Gerald McRainey) the rest are slowing coming to terms with the idea that the Federal Goverment is not coming to help them and they have to make do with what they have and face the reality that humans can become nasty predators and screw up with your life in a jiffy. It is actually getting very interesting to see how they are developing it. Also, it is Hollywwod and you have to take it with a grain of salt and know they will screw the pooch now and then.
    Sadly, there are strong rumors that both Jericho and The Unit will not be renewed for next season. It seems 10 million viewers is not enough for CBS who is looking for a super hit.
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Sadly, there are strong rumors that both Jericho and The Unit will not be renewed for next season. It seems 10 million viewers is not enough for CBS who is looking for a super hit.

No! Say it ain't so! The Unit is great...the wife and I watch it every week.. we watched Jericho for the first season (mini-season, whatever you want to call it), but just couldn't get back into when it came back on..

If cbs loses Jericho and the Unit I will stop watching their programming alltogether

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links