The Queen is in Richmond,

This is a discussion on The Queen is in Richmond, within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; P95, 0.02, you guys have any messages for me to give her if I see her. Check it out here The news has been making ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Queen is in Richmond,

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

P95, 0.02, you guys have any messages for me to give her if I see her.

Check it out here

The news has been making a huge deal about it for weeks.

Pardon my excitement. Nothing against her, but at my level on the social and political chain,
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Since we have never been introduced... perhaps we can go to Wal-Mart and get some nachos.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Hey I kinda like the Royal Family . They seem to be an entirely higher class of inbread morons than we have here in the USA , I mean even the Kennidys cant hold a candle to them . Of course England got first choice you know LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - well I musta been missing out on news - first I heard of it.

Message? nah - unless ''Hi Lizzy!".

Never was a royals fan but my dear late Mom was, bless her - she followed every move they made. In the late 20th and now 21st centuries, I find aspects of royalty a tad laughable but the folks themselves - well, they are stuck with it! Actually, in some ways I do not envy them at all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Atleast the male royals all have to serve in their military. Definitely not the case for our leadership...
    Mike

Spring Break Fallujah '06
    "Always Flexible"

VIP Member
    While she is at the State Capital Building, concealed carry has been suspended! They announced that even if you have a license, firearms are forbidden........

It must be nice to be the , even after all these years of 'independence', we are still subject to the crown .

I don't get it..................most of us could care less about the Royals, but they are putting more security in place than they do for the President's visits.

Again, who cares? & why would anybody here target her? She might be on the terrorist's list, but if they are already here, there are a bunch of better targets! She is just a symbol, not a person in charge of anything.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    While she is at the State Capital Building, concealed carry has been suspended! They announced that even if you have a license, firearms are forbidden........

It must be nice to be the , even after all these years of 'independence', we are still subject to the crown .

I don't get it..................most of us could care less about the Royals, but they are putting more security in place than they do for the President's visits.

Again, who cares? & why would anybody here target her? She might be on the terrorist's list, but if they are already here, there are a bunch of better targets! She is just a symbol, not a person in charge of anything.
    Any specifics on that statement of suspension? I'd like to see their legal backing obn how they justify it and just what exact part of the VA code gives anyone the authority to do it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Lead Moderator
    Well, next Tuesday she's going to be in MY building here at Goddard Space Flight Center.

As to the suspension of CC, there is a word for it "SECURITY"!! Having been there, and done that, my advice is ....... Get over it! Things will be back to normal as soon as she moves on!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Well, next Tuesday she's going to be in MY building here at Goddard Space Flight Center.

As to the suspension of CC, there is a word for it "SECURITY"!! Having been there, and done that, my advice is ....... Get over it! Things will be back to normal as soon as she moves on!
    Sorry, no can do...it's one of my pet peeves...Unlike MD we fix the broken laws and actually fight back when they're wrong here in VA which is why VA remains free. Queen be d@mned.

I won't be satisfied until I find myself or someone can show me where they have that authority. If someone can prove it (via the Code of the Commonwealth of VA)...I have no problem respectfully backing down. I don't give a d@mn about anyones claim of security to violate my rights or the rights of any of my brethren.

and I'm sure you've heard the expression: "give an inch and they take a mile"?

Oh and I'm not going to be anywhere near Richmond today. That's not the point...It's the principle.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ...I won't be satisfied until I find myself or someone can show me where they have that authority...
    Ok boys and girls can we all say NOPD.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

The Royal Family is kind of interesting to learn about, at least as a history major.

I have a good bit of respect for Harry though, I hope he gets to fight like he wants. I wouldn't want to do all the training then get told to sit on the sidelines the whole time while the unit was deployed.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Sorry, no can do...it's one of my pet peeves...Unlike MD we fix the broken laws and actually fight back when they're wrong here in VA which is why VA remains free. Queen be d@mned.
    Ok if you cannot accept the real world concerns that make this necessairy can you do it from a respect standpoint ?

The Royals are an Icon for all that is good in England , and have shown that repeatedly. Look at the stance the royal family took in WW2 and how they lent strength to Churchill by their actions . They in a lot of ways are the " backbone " of english spirit ( maby that is why they are so unpopular today and portrayed as buffoons at every opportunity by the media ) . They are in the public eye so yes i make fun of them too , but as stated i kinda like them and honestly feel that America could benifit a bit from a " class " that is held to the same standards of public service and selfless heroisim . Harry could set on his " bumm " as they say over there and no one would comment , or ***** , but no he is actively seeking to go to an unpopular war because its the right thing to do . Like P95's stepson he signed up , and wants to do his job . The royals are something we fought a war to get away from , and in the last 50 years or so we have dammed well done that , while we have gotten away from some of the better social values they represent .
    I respect the office of the President of the united states , and will go unarmed before him , no matter what party he is from , or what his personal political position is . I will extend that respect to the leaders of other countrys without a whimper . I have no desire to hurt any of thiese folks , and honestly with the security they have around i have no concerns of anyone hurting me either lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

How is going unarmed a sign of respect? I know what I think, but for those indicating there's a respectful nature in the act of disarming one's self before a visiting dignitary (above and beyond any security value), would you care to explain?

I'm of the opinion that going disarmed is a form of obeisance, residue from a bygone day, acknowledging that, somehow, there's a lord-serf type status in play. The thing about rights is: they themselves are sacrosanct. I give my obeisance to them, 'cause that's the foundation of everything else. To set them aside because of this, that or the other reason ... for reasons of "respect" (not security)? Disrespecting one's own citizens as a sign of respect. Hm. That's my take, Luddite (realist) though I may be in some regards.

I wish the visitors well. May they enjoy their trip and like whom they meet.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Please explain how State-compelled relinquishment of a God-Given and hard-fought RIGHT constitute a sign of respect.

That any government would attempt to suspend the RIGHTS of its citizens in order to demonstrate "respect" for a FOREIGN sovereign bespeaks of CONTEMPT for the rights of the citizens at issue- - both on the part of that "government" AND on the part of the foreign sovereign.

This one makes me hot, so I am signing off for now.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Any specifics on that statement of suspension? I'd like to see their legal backing obn how they justify it and just what exact part of the VA code gives anyone the authority to do it.
    Unfortunately, the legislature appears to be able to make "rules" without public comment.

Remember, concealed and open carry use to be allowed at the State House. Then by an "internal rule" without public comment, they quietly decided that you could carry open or concealed ONLY if you have a permit.

I know VCDL is trying to get this changed but so far, no joy.

As far as suspending concealed carry for the Queen's visit; its not much different than what would happen if the President visited.

For the most part, I don't agree with disarming for someone else's protection but some times we gotta face reality.

Generally, no one is going into the State House to try to take out a legislator but how long of a life expectancy do you think the President of the US (regardless of who holds that office) would have if not surrounded by HEAVY security.

I think its the same with the Queen. If it were made known that carrying around the Queen is allowed, then I guaran-damn-tee you that some wack job would try to take her out somewhere.

We are always fighting the anti's "why would you think you need a gun" argument. This isn't much different. Let's look at it from the other side for a change. The risk to any head of state would be extremely high.

I just want to make sure that after she leaves, they don't try to continue the ban.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links