Gas Prices - Page 3

Gas Prices

This is a discussion on Gas Prices within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been running my F250 on wast vegetable oil off and on for about a year now. Even if I have to buy the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas Prices

I have been running my F250 on wast vegetable oil off and on for about a year now. Even if I have to buy the oil I only pay about .50 a gallon for it and alot of resturaunts will just give it to you. A diesel will run fine on 20% kerosine and 80% veggie oil. If your in a colder climate you will need to convert the tractor or truck to run on the heated oil about 1300 dollars each. You start the truck on diesel and change over to oil when the aux tank heats up then flush the lines with diesel when your done. The up front costs are high but in the end you save big, and you smell like french fries rolling down the road.

VIP Member
    Mmmmmmm....French fries...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Sonofa ... i would love to lol . how would you like to keep 2 4wd tractors running , a sprayer , buy all the ferteliser and herbicides , ect . do it in and " environmentaly friendly manner ( no uncertified applicators ) , loose half your calf crop to an unusual winter , and then get your local dsl rate raised because of " winter storm cost over runs " LOL .
    You have me beat Redneck... and my advantage is that I do get to charge my clients for my fuel almost directly.

It still gets to be a downer though, because during spikes like this I pretty much avoid extra activities that involve fuel.

And for note, fuel is my most common expense. Repairs and maintenance can be kept somewhat managed, but there is nothing worse than a $3.00 bolt or a $20 hydrolic hose ruining a $1,200 job and potentially resulting in over $5,000 in repairs if not taken care of quickly. I do concrete pumping. Concrete has a tendency of turning a machine valued at the price of a house into a large boat anchor.

And I know what you are going through with trying to make everything balance out. Somedays I have often realized that self-emloyed is the equivalent of poverty.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links