Gas Prices

Gas Prices

This is a discussion on Gas Prices within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well folks gas jumped from 2.85 to 3.19 in 2 hours today. Anyone have any prediction on what it'll be by the end of summer?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Gas Prices

Well folks gas jumped from 2.85 to 3.19 in 2 hours today. Anyone have any prediction on what it'll be by the end of summer?
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

VIP Member
    with the last refinery fire.... get ready to be ticked off!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I'm already pretty moody about it. I guess now it just seems like we're getting nailed. A month ago gas was just over 2.00 and now this again.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

I learn to deal with it and make sacrifices else where.

I'm going on vacation in July. I hope the price drops to some where around $2.50. I still think that there is a lot of price gougeing going on. It seems that the supplier uses any excuse to jack up the price.

When it was so high last year, it was the evil republicans fault. I thought shrieker pelosi was going to save us from all this.

VIP Member
    Hey, don't complain too much. Gas here is .88 a liter - that's $3.34 a gallon - and it's more than $4 a gallon on the economy...

:(
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    I'm going to put street tires back on my 'zuki today.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I keep cringing. Fortunately diesel hasn't gone above gas during this round for me, even though it is up to 2.99. My business is diesel dependant (how would you like to have a $2,000 a month fuel bill on one vehicle), so I just have to keep uping my fuel surcharges and hope that this crap doesn't bring the economy to a grinding halt soon.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

My Honda Insight's looking smarter all the time! If any of you saw the movie, "Be Cool", you'll know it's the "Cadillac of gasoline-electric hybrids." 56 MPG in town, usually 65-75 highway. I bought in in 2003 when I still had a 70 mile round trip to work every day.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    how would you like to have a $2,000 a month fuel bill on one vehicle
    Sonofa ... i would love to lol . how would you like to keep 2 4wd tractors running , a sprayer , buy all the ferteliser and herbicides , ect . do it in and " environmentaly friendly manner ( no uncertified applicators ) , loose half your calf crop to an unusual winter , and then get your local dsl rate raised because of " winter storm cost over runs " LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Sonofa ... i would love to lol . how would you like to keep 2 4wd tractors running , a sprayer , buy all the ferteliser and herbicides , ect . do it in and " environmentaly friendly manner ( no uncertified applicators ) , loose half your calf crop to an unusual winter , and then get your local dsl rate raised because of " winter storm cost over runs " LOL .
    C'mon, RR! I gotta figure you'll be rollin' your own ethanol before long! I've thought about doing that myself. I might even consider making some to use as fuel . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm going to put street tires back on my 'zuki today.
    People laugh at me when I ride all the way through the winter, but I get to laugh at the pump. :)
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    Well folks gas jumped from 2.85 to 3.19 in 2 hours today. Anyone have any prediction on what it'll be by the end of summer?
    The last tankful of gas was $44. Yesterday, it was $57. I don't even want to look, today. VW Passat 2.8's don't have the most fuel-efficient nature, what with the tiptronic gearing and gobs of power. Putting the little mileage thingy on "continuous" mode is a frightful thing, what with it burping out MPG numbers like: 2.6, 3.1, 5.2, 2.9, etc. That occurs during hard acceleration up hills. Can get 100mpg coming through the mountains, on slight descents, but that's equally rare. Average is: ~15mpg or so (13 in town, 23 on hwy).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm glad the company pays for my gas (field service). $84 and change for a fill-up today in the E150

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links