Is your family safe?? Check this site out..

This is a discussion on Is your family safe?? Check this site out.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; well i just came across this site at work from one of the guys i work with... Take a look and see if there are ...

Thread: Is your family safe?? Check this site out..

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

Is your family safe?? Check this site out..

well i just came across this site at work from one of the guys i work with... Take a look and see if there are any offenders near you...

http://www.familywatchdog.us/
    Last edited by QKShooter; May 4th, 2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: minor typo
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the link. This is good info to have!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Good Site...

If you have kids...look at this site!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Great site!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Ok , I have seen that site posted on other forums and there was a lot of ' so many dirtbags", "they should all be shot" etc etc . What amazes me is , unless you know exactly what the "offense" is and so on , I wouldn't pass judgment . I have an "offender" that lives down the street from me . He also worked with me . His crime? Statutory rape . He had consensual sex with his girlfriend , parents found out , had him charged . Both barely made the age cutoff for the charge . Now this guy has to wear that scarlet letter for life , can never own a firearm , and so on . Then there are things like these :

Women recant sex abuse allegations
    Man sentenced to life in 1984
    Friday, November 5, 2004 Posted: 10:07 AM EST (1507 GMT)

RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- Two women whose testimony in a child molestation case put a man behind bars for 20 years have recanted, with one saying her grandmother pressured them to finger the wrong man to protect a cousin.

The accusers, cousins who were 4 and 6 when they made the charges, were expected to testify Friday that they falsely accused Sylvester Smith, 53. He was given two consecutive life sentences in 1984.

One victim says the real abuser was a cousin who is now serving a life sentence for murder. Gore said he would not prosecute because the cousin was 9 at the time.

Gov. Mike Easley prosecuted the case when he was Brunswick County district attorney. Easley's spokeswoman, Cari Boyce, said the governor did not have enough information to comment.

Youngest testified grandmother told her lie
    At the time of the abuse, the girls were living with Smith, the boyfriend of one of the girls' mothers, in Belville. Prosecutors had strong medical evidence that the girls had been abused, and one had to be treated at a hospital.

Gore said he has no doubt that the women are truthful. The trial transcript shows that under the questioning of a defense attorney the 4-year-old said her grandmother told her to accuse Smith.

If the charges against Smith are dropped, he can petition the governor for a pardon. If one is granted, Smith could be entitled to as much as $400,000 in compensation from the state.
    BAKERSFEILD, California (AP) -- A judge Friday threw out the conviction of a man imprisoned 20 years for molesting children, concluding that the testimony of the alleged victims was unreliable. Most of the children now say the assaults never happened.

John Stoll, now 60, will remain in custody until a May 4 hearing to determine a release date.

He was convicted in 1985 on 17 counts of child molestation. Attorneys for the Innocence Project have sought his freedom since January, claiming authorities coerced false testimony from the child victims, ranging from 6 to 8 years old.

Doctors never examined the children who claimed to have been molested by Stoll and others at parties that included sodomy and group sex.

Four of Stoll's accusers, now adults, recently testified they were manipulated by investigators who dogged them for hours until they fabricated the stories. A fifth witness testified he has no memories from that part of his childhood.

Though Stoll is up for parole next year, a release without vindication could send him to a mental hospital indefinitely.

"I just want to clear my name," Stoll said earlier this year in a jailhouse interview with The Associated Press. "That's all I've got left."
    Now , I'm not trying to defend the true predators/offenders , just saying , know the facts before passing judgment .

Administrator

Just FYI

The site will give you the Name - Street Address - Distance from Schools (for free) but, provides no additional specifics as to the actual offense of the offenders.
    In order to get that information there is a link provided to Intellius and you have to pay to do that background search.

Addition: While what ptmmatssc says is true that forum members should not automatically jump to any wrong conclusions - the flip side of that coin is that if your house is surrounded by 8 or 9 "offenders" they are not ALL going to be hapless Scarlet Lettered, wrongfully tagged victims of our judicial system. That's for certain.
    Last edited by QKShooter; May 4th, 2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: addition
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The site will give you the Name - Street Address - Distance from Schools (for free) but, provides no additional specifics as to the actual offense of the offenders.
    In order to get that information there is a link provided to Intellius and you have to pay to do that background search.
    Some states (Like MI) have much more info on their sites. MI gives the specific offense and a link a explanation of the offense.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Thanks Rocky...good addition.
    It helps to know who lives where in the neighborhood.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    That is a neat sight, and I agree about the passing judgment thing... but that website is not all that accurate or up to date. I spent some time looking around the city that I work, and I know of a lot of the offenders listed, but I know of more that are not. I also know that some no longer live in the locations given, or work at the places listed. A few have the wrong convictions listed, I know because I'm the one who charged them.
    I think a volunteer does a particular geographical area, so the quality of info varies.
    "Just blame Sixto"

PA has a site that lists the names and addresses of violent offenders and sexual predators. it made me sick to find out how many live within walking distance from where my daughter lives. i showed her mother the site; she longer thinks i'm paranoid and overprotective.

Shame they want $$ to find out what they got in trouble for

VIP Member
    For those in the Spokane area, the Sheriff has the local info on the website, www.spokanesheriff.org. It is kept well up to date, but is limited geographically to Spokane County.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Interesting, thanks
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Links