Boise

Boise

This is a discussion on Boise within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There may be an opportunity for me to accept a promotion and move to Boise. Can anyone from the area give me some insight into ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Boise

  1. #1
    Member Array koolguynet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    204

    Boise

    There may be an opportunity for me to accept a promotion and move to Boise. Can anyone from the area give me some insight into the community? How are the schools? Are politics more right or left leaning? Plenty of stuff to do? Good place to raise a family? Friendly to CC? Thanks!


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array friesepferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    east TN
    Posts
    2,341
    funny you ask. im thinking of moving there as well in a little over a year. im anxious to see what ppl have to say!

  3. #3
    Ex Member Array HOLYROLLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    269
    They lean to the right politically. Gun/knife friendly. God speed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array Zundfolge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    516
    I considered moving there once (glad I didn't take the job as it was right before the tech bubble burst in the 90s so I'd have been unemployed right off).

    I've also been to Albuquerque a few times.

    Boise is safer, cleaner, more conservative and more gun friendly than Albuquerque.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array PatrioticRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rigby, Idaho
    Posts
    5,142
    Boise is the biggest city in Idaho, don't know about elementary or High schools there but, colleges are excellent. Did you see the Fiesta bowl, Boise State really did it! After living in California for most of my life, city life was not for me, so I moved to Eastern Idaho. Slower pace and into nature. If your not Mormon, Boise would be better. Eastern & South Eastern Idaho, I'd say are 90% Mormon, it was a culture shock for the other 10% of us. But we love it here. We are on our 7th year now.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

  6. #6
    Member Array tj1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    190
    Boise is a great place to raise a family. The schools are pretty safe, and good in my opinion(my wife works for them). My sons elementary school is absolutely great. Life here is definitely a slower pace than other places, but there is quite a bit to do. Especially if you like to do outdoors types of things. The night life could be better (if thats the kind of thing that you're interested in). The weather is mild by Idaho standards. Crime is low. The city is quite clean. Very gun friendly. Good paying jobs are a little hard to come by. Funny thing is, NM is probably the only other state that I would consider moving to.

    Oh, and we love our football team right now. GO BRONCOS!!!
    Last edited by tj1231; May 8th, 2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: GO BRONCOS!
    "Learn as if you'll live forever...Live as if you'll die tomorrow" - SOULFLY

    Where am I going....and why am I in a hand basket???

  7. #7
    Member Array Spionen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    256
    I have visited and worked in Boise a lot over the years. I have a lot of family in that area. Boise is in my opinion the best kept secret in the intermountain west. I would have moved there years ago if the job hadn't pulled me in other directions.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Open carry in Boise
    By Timezoneguy in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM
  2. New From Boise, Id.
    By Dutch1911 in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: January 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM
  3. Hello from Boise Idaho
    By Stormeagle75 in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: April 11th, 2007, 01:50 AM
  4. Hello from Boise ID
    By vburke in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: February 25th, 2007, 11:27 PM
  5. Hello from Boise Idaho
    By Instructor in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: August 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Search tags for this page

boise concealed carry

,

boise idaho open carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors