Corporate Challenge Pistol Match

This is a discussion on Corporate Challenge Pistol Match within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I want to mention that our Las Vegas Hiltron Pistol Team shot the Corporate Challenge "Range Shoot", as they call it, yesterday afternoon. I don't ...

Thread: Corporate Challenge Pistol Match

Corporate Challenge Pistol Match

I want to mention that our Las Vegas Hiltron Pistol Team shot the Corporate Challenge "Range Shoot", as they call it, yesterday afternoon. I don't have the final results, but I'll bet Taps CCW does. I want to thank him for being our team captain, and for the training, support, and encouragement he provided to the rest of us. We did not shoot as well as we had hoped, nor as well as we did in practice. I had three failure to feed malfunctions in 36 rounds and that is not acceptable. I was shooting 185 grain SWC Match bullets over 4.5 grains of Win 231. I chamber-checked every round but still they failed to go into battery. I managed to clear all and got off all my shots but it hurried me and just played hell with my concentration. I ended up with 352 x 360, 20 x's. TAPS did better, as usual. Maybe he can post the final results. We have medaled six of the last seven years. Sure would hate to break the chain now.

2. Remove Ads

I think its great a bunch of guys get to shoot together and carry the sporting event between them over the yeras. Very sorry to hear of your problem with feeding, it would tend to ruin a perfect day. How many teams are there and what are firearm types required to shoot?? Is it like a IDPA match??
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Corporate Challenge

Forty Five, There are three or four divisions and several teams in each. We are in A Division and shoot against Ceasars Palace, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, the Post Office, Nellis AFB, and several others. There are four members on a team, plus an alternate to fill in if someone does not show up. The course of fire is six shots, a reload, and six more, in 35 seconds at a B-27 at 7 yds. The same at 10 yards, and again at 15 yards. It is a No Alibi event. Weapons are all large bore, factory stock, and even then some restrictions. One of our guys had a factory stock PPC pistol a couple of years ago, but they ruled it out. We all shot .45 autos, Colt and Kimber, except one who used a 4" Smith wheel gun. I have another 1,500 rounds of the 185 grain SWC's and I'm going to take them out to the range this week, along with three other .45's, an assortment of springs, and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

I know we all have reloaded a bunch so I am offering some things I looked at over the years. The OAL is of course an issue but so is the crimp, sometimes the brand of brass thickness can vary and be a problem Just a thought.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Links