Okay, I did it..

This is a discussion on Okay, I did it.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nicely done Limatunes! I really love the layout too. I thought the lined paper, handwriting links were really like looking at a diary. I read ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Okay, I did it..

Nicely done Limatunes! I really love the layout too. I thought the lined paper, handwriting links were really like looking at a diary.

I read the story about the thuggish-looking guy at the shooting range. It was very well written & I look forward to reading more of your experiences. You have a way with words.

I also LOVE the picture of your "pretty" grips. They really are pretty, and I wouldn't mind getting some just like that.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I also LOVE the picture of your "pretty" grips. They really are pretty, and I wouldn't mind getting some just like that.
    LOL.. I think that's going to end up being another story.. How I (or rather, my husband) acquired those grips..lol.

There was a used gun at my work (can't exactly remember which one, it was a 1911) with those grips on them and I loved them from the get-go.

My husband came up to visit me one night and I showed them to him and he said I should ask my manager if I could swap them for some generic grips.

I said, "NO! I am not going to ask him that. He will never go for it. No. We are not swapping grips."

Well, my husband couldn't let it go.

He went home, got his good quality plain grips and brought them back.

HE asked my manager if he could switch them out and much to my surprise my manger said, "Oh sure."

I just stood there, not really knowing what to do.

My manger said, "You know how to change grips, right?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, the toolbox is in the back."

I switched out the grips and now I have some pretty ones.

So that's the story with the grips.

They won't fit on my .40 but they look good on one of my hubby's 1911s.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Or maybe I'm just THAT bored, tired and sick of smelling gas fumes from the neighbors grill
    You have a neighbor who grill perfectly good meat with GAS??? OMG girl i have both 5.56 and 7.62 tracers that will fix that fast , possibly even some .38 special tracer left but i would have to look about that LOL . oO( i wonder if anyone can tell that i am opinionated when it comes to grilling ? )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    You have a neighbor who grill perfectly good meat with GAS??? OMG girl i have both 5.56 and 7.62 tracers that will fix that fast , possibly even some .38 special tracer left but i would have to look about that LOL . oO( i wonder if anyone can tell that i am opinionated when it comes to grilling ? )
    LOL.. you need to meet my brother-in-law.. he's a grill fanatic!!!

Senior Moderator
    Okay, now I updated the site to have a "Range Log" to log my time actually SHOOTING at the range and how I do (complete with picture) and what I'm doing to correct mistakes and improve.

PLEASE!!! If anyone sees anything that I'm doing that they can make suggestions for improvement, leave a comment to that effect!!

semper fi' limatunes and very nice website. great pics. I specially liked the .50 cal.

semper gumby
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links