An Obituary

An Obituary

This is a discussion on An Obituary within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense who has been with us for many years. No ...

Thread: An Obituary

1952 - 2006

An Obituary

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valued lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition!

He declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant.

Over time, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled it in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement from McDonalds.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility, and his son, Reason. He is survived by Two Stepbrothers, My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

to bad hes been dead over 20 years...

Red face

I continue to retain that old sense....I just refer to it as "uncommon sense"
    for the reasons previously stated.

Assistant Administrator
    Not forgetting either - the sad loss of other friends - Honor and Integrity.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    We can't afford to loose many more and we dang well better start resurrecting some of them soon.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links