91 Year old man beaten in carjacking

This is a discussion on 91 Year old man beaten in carjacking within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 91 Year old man beaten in carjacking as others just look on and do NOTHING! Wish I had a link but don't. Saw this on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 91 Year old man beaten in carjacking

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

91 Year old man beaten in carjacking

91 Year old man beaten in carjacking as others just look on and do NOTHING!

Wish I had a link but don't. Saw this on TV a short while ago. I don't know who or how it got video'ed but the poor old man appeared to be trapped between the door opening \ pinning him between another vehicle. The BG Scum was using the old man's head like a punching bag over and over and over. People close by watching & doing NOTHING at all to help.
    Man oh man was that hard to see and not be able to do anything about it. I SO wish I could have done something to help. I hate to see \ hear about anything like this happening and no one trying to help.
    This month's American Rifleman (NRA Mag) had some good stories about people defending themselves or another. If you get a chance read it...

Oh, if anyone has a link to this story I mentioned please post it.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

We can thank the lawyers for this mind your own business attitude this country has. Everyone is so afraid of what the system will do to them so they just stay out of it. I know what you mean though, it breaks my heart when I see or hear of things like this. This attitude needs to change.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    I do get very angry when very old folks suffer at the hands of cowardly BG's .... and as Joe says - sadly much of the inaction we see as folks just stand and watch, is down to fear of legal repurcussions.

That plus some ''spectators'' are either too spineless to help or too darned scared.

My retribution plans toward such perpetrators cannot possibly go into print!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sometimes there are people who really, really do need shooting.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    We can thank the lawyers for this mind your own business attitude this country has.

I think it goes beyond lawyers to an attitude shift in the mainstream psyche. It has more to do with the ridiculous notions that leftists have about being fair to those who are evil; being unwilling to do physical violence even in defense of what is right; being obligated to depend on the State for one's protection.

If a bunch of literal sheep were in the middle of a pasture and a wolf trotted in to eat one, the rest would stand there utterly unable to do a thing to help. This is the mindset that leftists in this country have cultivated among people. The idea of active resistance to evil is so driven from their minds that not only won't they think of intervening to help this man, they can't. They can't think of it; and if they could, they still wouldn't be equipped to do it.

I've repeatedly mentioned that I would be reluctant to get involved in something that I didn't know ALL of the details about, but this ain't going down in front of me. Did the guy get caught? If he walks with probation or something else stupid I'm gonna...I'm gonna...Damn, I can't do anything about it, but I'll be Pissed.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

The link here

91 Year old WWII Vet beaten
    Sorry I posted it in my own thread -didn't realize someone had one already so they closed mine...oops. As usual - I'm too late on the ball.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    I find the people standing by doing nothing worse than the thief. They should be arrested too.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

VIP Member
    Mother of God! I am speechless and furious! I have a selected few choice words for the BG and the Sheep standing there but I will refrain so I don't get tossed out of here.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

possibly the "sheep" were his homeys?

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    We can thank the lawyers for this mind your own business attitude this country has. Everyone is so afraid of what the system will do to them so they just stay out of it. I know what you mean though, it breaks my heart when I see or hear of things like this. This attitude needs to change.
    It is not the lawyers who are only at fault, but it is more so the legislators who have failed to pass adequate "Good Samaritan" laws to protect those who properly intervene.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It is not the lawyers who are only at fault, but it is more so the legislators who have failed to pass adequate "Good Samaritan" laws to protect those who properly intervene.
    no, we shouldn't need any more laws to fix anything...more laws equal more things to break. The original systems in place worked...if we followed them. The simple fact of the matter is that our whole of society has broken down to teaching the lack of responsibility, reason, and logic...and lawyers and legislators alike just exacerbate the problem. Although now I'll just decend into a philosophical tangent...so I'll stop now before I get my own ball rolling any faster. Can anyone tell I have serious issues with everything up to and including our public educational system, our legislative and court systems?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Somebody git a rope. Make that ropes...
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    no, we shouldn't need any more laws to fix anything...more laws equal more things to break. The original systems in place worked...if we followed them. The simple fact of the matter is that our whole of society has broken down to teaching the lack of responsibility, reason, and logic...and lawyers and legislators alike just exacerbate the problem. Although now I'll just decend into a philosophical tangent...so I'll stop now before I get my own ball rolling any faster. Can anyone tell I have serious issues with everything up to and including our public educational system, our legislative and court systems?
    I agree with what you are saying, but Ayn Rand believed that our primary duty was to protect our own lives, not to sacrifice it for others. My only point is that if I am to intervene, and thus place my life(freedom) and that of my family(financial ruin) at risk, I would like some reasonable assurance that society will protect me.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron; May 15th, 2007 at 12:04 PM.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

91-Year-Old Beating Victim Calls Bystanders 'Low-Class'

As reported today by ABCNews.com:

91-Year-Old Beating Victim Calls Bystanders 'Low-Class'
    Video Shows Five People Watched an Elderly Man Being Beaten and Carjacked and Did Nothing

Leonard Sims, 91, and his wife, Nora, are disgusted by the five people who did nothing as the World War II vet was savagely beaten and his car stolen. "They are low in class, low in spirit, low in life," Leonard said. (ABC News)

May 15, 2007

The video of 91-year-old Leonard Sims being beaten by a carjacker is hard to watch. But perhaps even harder to believe is that no one stopped to help him.

Surveillance cameras rolled as the World War II veteran was approached by a stranger in the parking lot of a convenience store outside of Detroit.
    The man asked him for a light for his cigarette, and then suddenly began punching him. Sims could not move. He was pinned between his car door and another car. The attacker punched him 21 times and then stole his car.

"The way he beat my heart and face, I could have died," Sims said.

Remarkably, Sims survived the brutal beating, but the story gets more disturbing.

In the video you can see five bystanders watching the 91-year-old man being beaten and doing absolutely nothing to help him.

"It tells a story of a community that's either too fearful or deadened to have the outrage to get in the way of somebody being attacked," said forensic psychiatrist Dr. Michael Welner.

In February, a similar scene unfolded in a Chicago bar when an off-duty police officer viciously attacked a female bartender while others just looked on, offering no help.

The woman survived, but she sustained injuries to her head, arms and ribs.

"In all of these situations there are things people can do. If nothing more than yell at the top of their lungs, 'Stop!'" Welner said.

Sims and his wife agree and have a message for those who stood by, doing nothing in his darkest hour.

"I would tell them that they are low in class, low in spirit, low in life," Sims said.

His wife Nora added: "Speak up! Stand up! Get up and do something. Get involved, because it's not right. It's not right at all."

The story can be found at; http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3175187

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links