Another $2000 spent today....

This is a discussion on Another $2000 spent today.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; and the item doesn't even shoot. My wife wants me to get our front yard re-landscaped before hot weather gets here so we went to ...

Thread: Another $2000 spent today....

DC Founder

and the item doesn't even shoot.

My wife wants me to get our front yard re-landscaped before hot weather gets here so we went to Home Depot today to buy some spray paint so I could mark out new flowerbed. I picked up the paint and as we were heading through the garden department she stopped to look at barbecue grills and bored I started looking at garden tractors. The sales guy came over and started telling me all about them and the next thing I know she's handing me the checkbook. I guess I looked at her like she was handing me a new 1911 because she just laughed and said "well, you've wanted one for a long time". I am now the proud owner of a (baby) John Deere. Damn it cuts the yard nice. I even waited until dark to mow part of it with the headlights on.
    Attached Images
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

toys are fun and ill be good and wont tell ya nothing bad :)

Talking

Hey Bumper....being there is hot ole Arizona...put on that cowboy hat, strap on your Nighthawk, ride that tractor all over tarnation and find ya a rattler to shoot !!! Yehaw !!

Bumper, when wife and I lived in NY we had a 2.5 acre piece of land and she got me a John Deere rider mower with all the bells and whistles. There was a palce close by that did some mods to it. I could almost pull wheelies going up an incline with it if I leaned back hard when I gassed her.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

you gonna join the local tractor racing league? when i repair tractors that was a big thing in some neighbor hoods course letting it slip your racing it void warrenty ... There a guy local here have one he modded with twin carbs dual exhust and converted from belt drive to chain drive

Lead Moderator
    Arizona got grass???
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Yes we have grass....on every golf course and baseball diamond....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Assistant Administrator
    I don't think the hood would take too much reinforcement to enable the fitting of a mount for the .50 cal!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey Bumper!!
    Just think, you could probably do some mods to that thing, and run Top Fuel Tractor, or AA Fuel Funny Tractor at the NHRA Tractor Drags!!

Bumper?
    Another way to look at it is.. when you're sitting on top of that thing, you can sing that Kenny Chesney song "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" but you know she still loves ya!! LOL

Well Bumper, I just knew if you shot to much with the ear protection missing it would happen sooner or later. Why in the world would a guy in Arizona where grass is maybe seen in the movies buy a tractor??? To say it differently, why would a shooter want a tractor, it will interfer with reloading, shooting and cleaning guns. I think we all had better watch Bumper closely, next he will want to wash his cars, God what is America coming to????
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

DC Founder
    LOL, well I have more grass here (an acre of it) than I have had in Texas or Colorado. It makes it easy for people to find my house from the air.

Actually, although many people in Arizona would ***** at me for growing grass in my yard, it makes the house a whole lot cooler and watering is not a problem because I have flood irrigation. I have bought aone lawnmower per year for the past 6 years. The heat kills them pretty quick, not helped by my son insisting on mowing in the middle of the day. Now that we can't get him to stay home long enough to mow and I have to do it, it will be done late in the evening (or after dark) and since it costs $100 a week to have someone mow, the tractor will be paid for in 20 weeks. Eventually, when I can less afford it, I will retire and move somewhere that rains and grass is not such a challenge and the JD will go with me.

And, Andy, the damned thing takes off quick enough now I could almost pull a wheelie. I would feel sorta dopey wearing a seatbelt to keep me on the thing.

We live in an old neighborhood of big houses. The original owners are dying off or retiring to smaller places and people are moving in and remodeling the places. We are starting to have real estate agents show up on our door wanting to know if we would consider selling because they have a buyer with a lot of kids. We've now found that the house we bought 5 years ago is now worth 3 times what we paid for it. The yard is the only thing left to remodel. I hope the JD makes it easier to keep up....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sponsored Links