Another Ohio Arby's robbery, with a twist

This is a discussion on Another Ohio Arby's robbery, with a twist within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...008/1056/COL02 EVENDALE - Two teenage boys were arrested late Thursday and charged with trying to rob the Arby's at Glendale-Milford and Reading roads at gunpoint, ...

Thread: Another Ohio Arby's robbery, with a twist

Another Ohio Arby's robbery, with a twist

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...008/1056/COL02

EVENDALE - Two teenage boys were arrested late Thursday and charged with trying to rob the Arby's at Glendale-Milford and Reading roads at gunpoint, police said today.

Their names were not released because they are minors.

They are being held at the Hamilton County Juvenile Detention Center on charges of aggravated robbery and kidnapping, said Evendale Police Sgt. Steve Niehauser.

A third teenager, 19, was charged with complicity to aggravated robbery and failure to comply with a police.

Marcus Waldon drove the getaway car, which crashed a few minutes after the trio fled the fast food eatery, Niehauser said.

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Nadine Allen set Waldon's bond today at $200,000. Waldon, of College Hill, is a graduate of Hughes Center and went to the University of Cincinnati for one year. His attorney said he is a full-time laborer.

The trio were taken into custody after Evendale police were called to Arby's at 10365 Reading Road about 8:45 p.m. Thursday for a reported robbery.

The juveniles, 16 and 17, grabbed an employee as he stood outside the store, police said.

They forced the employee at gunpoint - a loaded .22-caliber semiautomatic handgun - back into the store and tried to get cash from both the safe and register but were unsuccessful, Niehauser said.

When a customer entered, the teens ran out into a waiting car parked nearby.

Waldon drove south down Reading Road, passing an Evendale officer just as a description of the car involved in the robbery was broadcast, Niehauser said.

The officer turned his car around to pull them over, but Waldon stepped on the gas and fled into the neighboring community of Reading, where police also joined the chase.

Waldon lost control of his vehicle and crashed it shortly after in the parking lot of Drake Motel, 8109 Reading Road, Niehauser said.

All three teens bailed from the car but were apprehended within 10 minutes.

Two were captured a block later after a foot chase, and a police dog tracked one of the juveniles into some nearby woods, Niehauser said.
    The Arby's down around Cincinnati do seem to get robbed a whole lot, more than the other fast food chains. Part of that is the serial robber who only seems to hit Arby's. These three young thugs decided to hit an Arby's in one of the wealthiest suburbs of the city, although there are some not so good parts close to it.

However, the reason I though this was worth putting in Off Topic and Humor is something that they didn't add in the paper but I know because I know the area really well. At that intersection, diagonally accross from the Arby's is...

The local municipal center, which includes the police station for Evendale. These geniuses robbed a restaurant across the street from the police station, which seems like pretty bad planning to me. Of course the article says they couldn't figure out how to open up the cash register either.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    At that intersection, diagonally accross from the Arby's is...

The local municipal center, which includes the police station for Evendale. These geniuses robbed a restaurant across the street from the police station, which seems like pretty bad planning to me. Of course the article says they couldn't figure out how to open up the cash register either.
    Now that's funny!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    The kids around there aint to smart...
    "Just blame Sixto"

The kids around there aint to smart...
    Don't ya mean "too smart" Sixto?

I'd wager these kids were from the other side of I-75, although Evendale dose have it's own idiots. This is actually the seccond armed robbery at this intersection in the past few months, the Gold Star Chili got hit too a little while back.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; May 18th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Apparently they need some chlorine in that part of the city. Them fellas aren't too bright...
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I like the fact that these bozos fled when someone walked in. Talk about deterrent.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I hate the Arby's in our area 'cause it's posted and they never follow the national ads or specials.

Before I boycotted due to their anti-stance, you'd see something good on TV (5 for $ 5.95), rush in and they'd say, "Nope, don't honor/got that."
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Links