Wal-Mart Security - Page 3

Wal-Mart Security

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Security within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Had I been a BG, that kid could have been easily killed all for a crime that never happened, and a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wal-Mart Security

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Had I been a BG, that kid could have been easily killed all for a crime that never happened, and a person he should have never confronted.
    This is so true (and why I'd NEVER consider doing that job).

I have a cousin that worked as door security for a large discount store who was killed by a shoplifter he tried to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    I was just at Wal-Mart and noticed they have a security guy there with all his mall ninja regalia. The best part was the thigh holster with no gun in it.
    I think I would just *have* to go up to him with a panic type look on my face and say..

Do you know you've lost your sidearm?? Do you need help finding it before someone else gets a hold of it??

Where do you guys live? In a war zone?

I have 2 Wally Places in my area. I have yet to ever see a security officer.

Secondly, they way you guys feel about those guys, is the same way most cops feel about us ccw guys.

Looking down on those guys from some haughty height because we carry REAL guns, is egotistical and macho posturing. It's also childish.

You never know, with those mags, they may be carrying concealed.

Or maybe they are airsoft mags lol.

Hell, maybe they feel they will supply extra mags and ammo ti the cops when they show up fir a person putting too much lard on thier popcorn.

Honesty, go up and ask them why they have mags and no visible gun.
    I couldn't just stand here and ignore that. Curiosity gets the best of me at times.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Samb: +1!

Bad or unprofessional behavior on the part of a security guard, store employee, etc., doesn't justify bad behavior on our part. I think as CCW proponents, we would want to present as positive an image as we can generate regardless of the situation. That way, if the situation were to degenerate into something worse, at least we wouldn't have to worry about our attitude becoming part of the problem.

I always strive to be polite and courteous (sometimes I fail... I'm only human) regardless of the situation. I work in corrections and that attitude has helped me in more situations than I can count.

Quote Originally Posted by KsPete View Post
    Samb: +1!

Bad or unprofessional behavior on the part of a security guard, store employee, etc., doesn't justify bad behavior on our part. I think as CCW proponents, we would want to present as positive an image as we can generate regardless of the situation. That way, if the situation were to degenerate into something worse, at least we wouldn't have to worry about our attitude becoming part of the problem.
    Too many ccw'rs just fail to comprehend how important it is to stay laid back and cool - and polite. When the cops have you and the security guys in the back room watching tape, you do not want to be seen being a smartass and wildly gesticulating. When you got that carry permit, you became a 2nd class citizen in that you have have to eat it and like it. You don't have the luxury of "expressing" yourself the same as does an unarmed citizen. The guy that flips you the bird in traffic always gets the last word in - if you're smart.

Samb and KsPete:

You guys are not incorrect at all, and I'd encourage you to stick around and get to know use a bit better. I think you'll find that we are a very restrained, professional bunch publicly. Most of us do think of ourselves as ambassadors for "the cause."

Buuut, when we are here, among peers in private, we like to let it all out. Sometimes we come to rant about the jerk that called our wives a name, because we'd never escalate publicly. Sometimes we come to make jokes we'd not dare say in public. I think every group does this. Cops have plenty of jokes they share only with colleagues, and you don't even want to know how truly tasteless medical folks can be (Out of it for 3 years and I still have to call my old EMS buddies to let that stuff out, anyone else might try to have me committed).

Guys, I'm glad to learn that we have 2 more apparantly responsible ccw'ers amongst us. Be pro's publicly 100% of the time. Here, you get to goof of 50% of it.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

By LBrombach -- "I think you'll find that we are a very restrained, professional bunch publicly. Most of us do think of ourselves as ambassadors for "the cause."

"Buuut, when we are here, among peers in private, we like to let it all out. Sometimes we come to rant about the jerk that called our wives a name, because we'd never escalate publicly. Sometimes we come to make jokes we'd not dare say in public. I think every group does this."

I fully agree and I don't have a problem with unloading on this forum. As a corrections officer, I know we talk about a lot of things amongst ourselves that we never would in public, sometimes even with our families. But the poster I was referring to described his actions that took place in the public eye. It's one thing to say here on this forum what we would like to have said or done... it's another to actually do it in public.

Thanks for the encouragement to stick around. I just hope I haven't worn out my welcome yet. I've learned a lot in the relatively short time I've been here.

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Samb and KsPete:

You guys are not incorrect at all, and I'd encourage you to stick around and get to know use a bit better.

Guys, I'm glad to learn that we have 2 more apparantly responsible ccw'ers amongst us. Be pro's publicly 100% of the time. Here, you get to goof of 50% of it.
    Thank you.

The worst thing that could happen to me at 73 - with many of the illnesses that go along with that age, is to lose the only lifesaving protection I have. If I have to eat it a few times in minor but embarrassing incidents, it's worth it to still have my ccw permit when the SHTF for real.

Not all security officers are idiots or act like one,I know because I am one.Once you reach the age of 63 or 64 there aren't a whole lot of places that will hire you.I try to be as polite and helpful as I can to people and still do my job.Also just because you don't see a gun on one doesn't mean they are unarmed.I don't carry a gun belt or any of that other stuff other than a 2 way radio and a surefire flashlight and we aren't susposed to be armed,but I also plan on going home when my shift is ended,so only I know for sure.I would rather lose my job than my life.Acting tough is not in my plans,I went through that stage over 40 years ago.We are not all rent-a-cops in mentality. sj

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links